Forum index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum index page

Not doing their "Job".?...Anybody getting paid here?...I would bet not.
    That's what I was thinking..................

GP

Comment

Come on guy's STOP IT.
      Reno is just around the coroner good things are coming!
      Quit the BS.
      We all want the same thing.
      29days and counting.
      Can't wait to see Zombo.

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
        Wow, I ask a simple question, and say I'm not interested in doing someone else's job and I'm threatened with another banning, and the anti-grampi cheeleaders are starting to chant? It doesn't take much to ruffle feathers around here, does it?
        Grampi,
        This website isn't anyone's "job". It's not a web based business that is making money for anyone. I'm sure at times that it is a sinkhole for money, time, and other resources that could be spent else where.
        What it is, is Wayne's attempt at sharing his love and enthusiasm for air racing and everything that is associated with it!
        The fact that like minded people gather here to share their knowledge, art, opinions and ideas also makes this a community of sorts. Some members give a huge amount of time and effort to the site, some just lurk in shadows, and then there's everyone else in between. The common thread that links all of the participants in this forum is that everything is donated. People like BuckyD, Victor Archer, Neal Nurmi, and all of the other photogs share their incredible art. Big Jim, John Slack, Bruce Lockwood, Matt Jackson, and a lot of others that I'm certainly forgetting share their wealth of history and technical knowledge that is second to none.
        Writing feature stories and things like the yearly race reports takes far more time and commitment than most of us are willing to donate. Oh yeah......and you need to be able to write a legible sentence, compile statistics, take photos, check facts, and donate a lot of time, money, frustration, and whatever else Wayne donates to make this site what it is.
        In summation: Ask not what AAFO can do for you, ask what you can do for AAFO.

Kevin

Comment

...In summation: Ask not what AAFO can do for you, ask what you can do for AAFO.

J.F.K. may not appreciate the modification of his oh-so-famous Inaugural Speech, but I like it. Straight and to the point

Apologies for the teasing, Grampi, but it's true that whatever we can do to help Wayne and AAFO is exactly what we should be doing.

Look at all he's done for us keeping this forum going at no profit to him other than valuable friendships. His contributions go way beyond running internet websites too, mind you.

We figured that if updating said information was so important to you as to bring it up, then you might want to help Wayne and the community to get it straightened out. He could surely use the assistance if you are willing to give any.

Everyone is getting excited with the races so close and were just letting off some of the excess juice. It kinda got overboard, but we're all friends here and do tease from time to time.

No offense meant.

Comment

OK... since I got to read SkyVanDelta's original, unedited post... I'll respond to it...

The reason that there are updates from those years only was, we had a presence at RENO, meaning by "presence" we had PEOPLE doing things, "officially" for AAFO... absent any really quick way, other than posting messages, we used the message board for the reports and grouped them within a "year"...

Subsequent to those years, your publisher/editor/whatevertohellIam came down with Cancer in 2004. For those of you who have never endured Cancer and the dreaded Chemo/Radiation treatment... I would find it hard to explain to you how much it takes out of you. Particularly, when a good part of your brain is radiated once a day, every day for two months.

To make a long story short, I no longer have the ability to concentrate very well for long periods, I have lost a lot of my "motivational force".. guess you can read that "passion"....

At one time, I envisioned this site as a world class On-Line Magazine, complete with reporters, cartoonists, photographers and the like and actually dreamed that one day, we'd have enough revenue to actually pay people to do things for the "ezine"...

Never happened..

OK.. Mr SkyVanDelta... there you have it, no one, two, three or less word sentences.. Ya really shouldn't write things that might piss me off on a Friday or Saturday... those are my drinking days (I REALLY like beer but have agreed, unless I'm at RENO, I don't drink during the week) I can get very sharp with my typed words when I've had more than a few... luckily, I have only had a few this evening so I'm, at least, partially, able to sit on my fingers and not write exactly what my first impression to write was....

Happy?
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

PS

Frankly, the ability of people to type messages on the board with their phones and other mobile devices has become so good, the dollars I used to spend to get Internet access at the field became a useless expense... you guys are SO good at getting the word out that last year, those of us held out at outer 4 only learned of where the accident had happened by me pulling up the board on my Iphone... unfortunately, I can't shoot photos and type at the same time..

SO... it's been YOU GUYS who have taken over writing the news as it happens... if you want, I will start separate sections to the board again and we can lump everything everyone says at the races during a given year in a separate section..

I really don't like too many categories on message boards.. everyone seems to want to be in one forum segment anyway...

NOW... it's been about a half hour of typing to respond to this... first time I've been able to look at my computer in nearly 36 hours... I've only dented looking at the message digest to see what else needs my attention... it's after midnight and I've got a wedding I have to attend tomorrow so.. I'd better get to it!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

PPS...

Grampi owes me a case of beer....
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: PPS...

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  Grampi owes me a case of beer....
                  Sorry to hear about your cancer and I hope you're kicking its ass! I also didn't realize that everthing that goes into this site is done on a voluntary basis. My hat's off to everyone who puts in all the hard work!...what would be the shipping charges for a case of beer?
                  Last edited by grampi; 08-11-2012, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Grampi, for beer Wayne will probably give you a meeting place to deliver it in September...Keep it between you two Wayne or EVERYBODY will show up, and you won't get no beer!
                    Most of the time, for me, the threads do the informing as well as any article can, except those written after the fact. We just have to be careful not to spread rumor as fact, a problem on these forums (actually ALL of them).
                    Would putting some year tag at the beginning of threads help the search or archiving? Wayne?
                    I've known Wayne via this site since the beginning. His triasl, tribulations and successes are known by all old-timers on the site.
                    I help out on an unrelated site and I can vouch for the fact that this is a LOT of work for him. All for no pay and a lot of criticism (not being personal here) from the board and other sites, and this site, except for a few notable examples, is fairly civil compared to others I visit.
                    If we want more content on the site we have to contribute it through Wayne. A lot of us have the knowledge and contacts to do just that. I have not except through the forum, so maybe I have no right to talk, but I'm sure Wayne doesn't have the time to run herd on all the cats AND produce, again, for NO pay.
                    My $.04
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Hard to bitch about something when you have no money or time invested. I think this website is great! Wayne, you do a great job on this site that we all take for granted. Thanks again!
                      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Hey Wayne.........THANKS from all of us!!!! See you all Section A 5th row reserved seats by the aisle, I'll have a 1ST CAV hat on
                        Rich Bellamy
                        Springfield, Mo

Comment

Working...
                        X