Insurance $$$ Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance $$$ Need

So osomeone posted on the "Reno Air Races" Facebook page that the remaining $1 million was taken care of. This was the quote:

"July RARA News: insurance done!
    WELCOME RACE FANS!

The Reno Air Racing Association appreciates the tremendous encouragement we continue to receive from our friends, family and fans. We remain committed to holding the 49th annual National Championship Air Races this September and, as we move forward in planning, we still need your support. At the overwhelming request of our fans from around the world, we have created an additional opportunity for our Air Race family to help ensure the successful future of this historic and important event. Visit our website at http://click.icptrack.com/icp/​relay...A%2Fdonate.php for more information on purchasing tickets and making donations to help preserve this one-of-a-kind aviation event. We look forward to seeing you in September!

Note: The Reno Air Racing Association is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(4) organization, which means that contributions to RARA are NOT tax deductible, though they are appreciated and much needed.

Permits and Insurance

Great news regarding our permits and insurance. RARA has obtained all the necessary permits and the insurance to put on the 49th Annual National Championship Air Races.

Race Entries

We are recieving race entries on a daily basis. So far we have a strong contingent of racers in each class. We have 22 Unlimiteds, 15 Jets, 14 T-6's, 25 Sport, 17 Biplanes and 13 Formula One's. Should be a great year of racing."

And someone commented on it:
    "Wonderfull news, GJ raising the last million"

I haven't heard any news confirming this...or even suggesting it. Was this just a case of someone trying to read between the lines too much???
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Insurance $$$ Need

Suspect some confusion between securing the insurance (which RARA stated back in May) and scratching up the $$$$ to pay the premiums. It's the latter that's at issue I believe. Premiums jumped $1.7MM this year. That's a big hurdle.

Remain 110% that we'll be racing in September. And in that fact that RARA has navigated some incredibly troubled waters and done it well. Not concerned about the professionalism in the least...have faith.

57 days and counting!

Cheers
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

I raced at Reno a number of years. When a pilot passes all the hurdals involved in the qualification/registration process he/she is provided X number of wristbands for the crew, his photo neck chain pass, some tickets for the banquite, a program, and a "Pilot Only" medallion specific for that years race. I gave my All Goss #75 one to Randy when he got sick. I have on my mantel the 1998 P-38, the 1999 Bearcat, the 2000 nemesis, the 2001 Tonopah Low, the 2002 Critical Mass, and the 2003 L-39. These are very rare Reno Airrace collectables in thier original display cases. To aquire them only cost me about $20,000.00 each, all told or tolled. If any of these appeal to you and you would like to add them to your Airrace collection ar gift them to someone, please make an offer include a check made out to the RARA Ins. fund. I'll pick up the shipping and forward your check to them.Do not make the check out to me[/B][/U]. I have some "Gold" trophiy's also available.

Tom Campau
      2000 S. Hammond Lk. Dr.
      West Bloomfield, MI 48324
      (248) 672-4484
      tcampau@ameritech.net

Comment

HUGE

Tom, to say that your mug, your airplane, lovely wife and friends are missed at RENO, would be one of the biggest understatements of all time!

I remember your spirt during the "wait it out" week of 9-11-2001... the fun in your pit, your smiling face and fierce competitive nature..

Any chance we'll see your mug+ at Reno this year?
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X