Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KRNV News about RARA

Originally posted by sierra fox View Post
    You ROCK Betty! Been goin' since 79, nothing compares.

Ponied up with a C-note and that is a small price to pay for the 30+ years of action NCAR has provided.

ADT
    I will see your C and double it. Anybody else in?

Comment

Just saw this on ktvn.com

Hopefully some more help.

Comment

I don't mean to jump the gun, but does anyone know or speculate that the insurance premiums will be less next year, that is, if we have a safe year of racing in 2012, which I'm betting we will. Are the premiums this year just a spike becuase of last year and will decrease with time?
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
          I don't mean to jump the gun, but does anyone know or speculate that the insurance premiums will be less next year, that is, if we have a safe year of racing in 2012, which I'm betting we will. Are the premiums this year just a spike becuase of last year and will decrease with time?
          Brian
          It's doubtful they will go down any over the next several years. (If they even keep the races going at all).

Comment

Originally posted by gokrt driver View Post
            Same story but with alot more details and figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
              (If they even keep the races going at all).
              It's hard for me to imagine a world without air racing.

I sure hope everyone realizes that we're truly at a possible turning point in history... There are no reserves, two years of disrupted race days have devistated RARA's financial position..If, for some reason, the races do not happen this year, there will not be a "maybe next year"...

This phenominon, The Reno National Championship Air Races, will be done forever if this year, 2012 is not successful.

Lots of weight on fans, community, media, the state government... This is not only a big thing, historically, it's a big deal for the annual economic bottom line for the area...

I'm thinking that RARA membership and minimum $100. to RARA is starting to look more and more like a "I GAVE" button sort of thing..

Anybody with marketing smarts know how to make a bunch of buttons cheap?

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                I will see your C and double it. Anybody else in?
                I'll raise ya Who else is in?

Comment

From the RGJ this morning:

NCOT approves $600k for Reno Air Races to ensure event goes forward this year.

The Nevada Commission on Tourism on Thursday approved $600,000 in surplus room tax revenue for the National Championship Air Races, ensuring the event will go forward in 2012.

In a unanimous vote via an early-morning teleconference, NCOT commissioners unanimously approved the funding for what Nevada Lieutenant Gov. Brian Kroliciki, chairman of the board, called “an extraordinary need” for the event to continue.

The Reno Air Racing Association, which puts on the Air Races each September, was scrambling to raise $2 million to cover the insurance premium needed for this year’s races – a premium that increased significantly after last year’s tragic crash that killed 11 people and injured more than 70.

“With our expected sponsorships and commitments, we are so proud to be able to announce that we have achieved the funding requirements necessary to hold what will surely be our most emotional and highly anticipated event in our 49-year history,” Mike Houghton, president and CEO of the Air Races said in a statement.

The Air Races are scheduled for Sept. 12-14 at Reno Stead Airport.

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!!!!!

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                  -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Working...
                  X