Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KRNV News about RARA

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    How many of you have started new jobs and negotiated your September vacation as part of your employment?
    Wayne, my sentiments EXACTLY! I just started a new job and My trip to Reno with my brother was a part of the negotiation. This was the second time this has transpired in my many trips to our mecca.
    After my first trip I swore that, even if I'm living in a cardboard box, I WILL be in Reno in September! So let it be written, so shall it be done.

BTW, last year's tickets - donated. $200 each between me and my brother - donated. Picking up our tickets & beer at Scolari's - coming soon. NCAR will live on, thanks to us!

Oh, and GO BEAR! We got some b&tch that tried to eat Hansel & Gretel to munch on!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post

Oh, and GO BEAR! We got some b&tch that tried to eat Hansel & Gretel to munch on!

Tom
      Nice!!!!!!!
      Almost as funny as Steven Hinton being called Howdy Doody!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
        Nice!!!!!!!
        Almost as funny as Steven Hinton being called Howdy Doody!!
        WHAT! Now this is gettin' personal!! If that's the case, then you should all know that at this very moment, MR. "Doody" is perfecting his recipe for Bear stew and will personally serve it up for the whole crowd on the ramp!

Comment

LMAO!!!!

They will drain all the grease off the Bear Stew wont they?

Comment

Done. Just sent in my $100 (I love paypal) and I am still waiting for them to charge my account for my RARA membership...they did charge the tickets right away.

As far as getting the money back, well...I dont really care. Yes, I might give more if I was guaranteed a refund if the races didnt happen, but at the end of the day, I just want to be able to look myself in the mirror and say I did my part. I dont even need a t-shirt that says, "I gave $100 to save the races....how about you?"

I hear rumors that we all here can buy a sponsorship for $4,000. I am not exacty sure if there are 400 folk here that can give $10 for a AAFO sponsorship or exactly what that would get us in the way of perks, but it may be worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
              LMAO!!!!

They will drain all the grease off the Bear Stew wont they?
              I 'spose they will, but since we're talkin' a 3350, man...........that'sa lot a grease (or maybe, I should say oil) Those Bakersfield people have a fine, discerning palate. Mangia!!

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
                I 'spose they will, but since we're talkin' a 3350, man...........that'sa lot a grease (or maybe, I should say oil) Those Bakersfield people have a fine, discerning palate. Mangia!!
                The Bear dumps enough Grease ( read Aeroshell ) to make it quite tasty!

Comment

I have attended the NCAR faithfully every year since 1985. The first few years I paid money for my admission; after I was offered the opportunity of working for my ticket I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. This year I will contribute the value of my season pass and still work my usual job. I challenge the rest of my fellow volunteers to consider doing the same.
                  The old adage of strength in numbers has worked time and time again, as proven by the March of Dimes, the contributions to getting the Bear back into the air, even the brief struggle to fund Lefty's White Lightenin' project that neded more time than he could wait, and the on-going campaign for rebuilding Tsunami. We love our sport more than the community of Reno or the State of Nevada gain in dollars from it, so it's only logical for us to put our money where our hearts are. Any amount contributed to the RARA Insurance Fund will help get the insurance premium paid.
                  Betty Sherman, Treasurer
                  NationalAir racing Group (NAG)

Comment

Great idea Betty. Count me in! As soon as I get home tonight I'll get it done.
                    Rachel
                    Last edited by dineega; 07-17-2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

[QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar;103043]

"Permits are in place, waivers are in hand", insurance quoted, to be bound on no later than September 01, 2012 when funds must be in place...

Wayne, Don't want it to seem like I'm bust'n your chops but - Out of curiosity what is your source. I've spoken to the regional FAA POI and he told me that as far as he knows the FAA Form7711-1 Waiver or Authorization for an Aviation Event has not been granted yet (07-16-12). (on a side note - the very nice lady I spoke to at the Reno FSDO said she had paid for her tickets for 2012, and she hoped "it will be a go")

Unfortunately the Airport Authority VP of Public Relations has not returned my calls, so I have no current information regarding the special use permit for the Stead Airport.

John
                      with seats in section E rows 31,30,29
                      campn sites in the RARA west lot
                      and week long pit pases
                      paid for in Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by f8f1 View Post
                        Wayne, Don't want it to seem like I'm bust'n your chops but - Out of curiosity what is your source. I've spoken to the regional FAA POI and he told me that as far as he knows the FAA Form7711-1 Waiver or Authorization for an Aviation Event has not been granted yet (07-16-12). (on a side note - the very nice lady I spoke to at the Reno FSDO said she had paid for her tickets for 2012, and she hoped "it will be a go")
                        I'll ask permission to name source but for now, I'll say "from within the office of RARA"... and VERY reliable.

Not sure the left hand knows what the right is doing at all times within FAA... you?
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          I'll ask permission to mane source bot for now, I'll say "from within the office of RARA"... and VERY reliable.

Not sure the left hand knows what the right is doing at all times within FAA... you?
                          It's a simple matter when you only have to worry about your right hand and your left hand. But when you have that many tentacles...

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
                            I have attended the NCAR faithfully every year since 1985. The first few years I paid money for my admission; after I was offered the opportunity of working for my ticket I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. This year I will contribute the value of my season pass and still work my usual job. I challenge the rest of my fellow volunteers to consider doing the same.
                            The old adage of strength in numbers has worked time and time again, as proven by the March of Dimes, the contributions to getting the Bear back into the air, even the brief struggle to fund Lefty's White Lightenin' project that neded more time than he could wait, and the on-going campaign for rebuilding Tsunami. We love our sport more than the community of Reno or the State of Nevada gain in dollars from it, so it's only logical for us to put our money where our hearts are. Any amount contributed to the RARA Insurance Fund will help get the insurance premium paid.
                            Betty Sherman, Treasurer
                            Amen. We DO love this sport way more than the folks who come up the hill to see a "show". For years we have underpaid to see the greatest race on earth. I can only guess at what RARA and its folk must have gone through this past 9 months. I really dont care if they keep my donations if the races dont fly....

Comment

Proof that the money is out there...

I really don't understand the hype around this story, but then again most of the people I know don't understand my fascination with air racing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
                                Betty Sherman, Treasurer
                                You ROCK Betty! Been goin' since 79, nothing compares.

Ponied up with a C-note and that is a small price to pay for the 30+ years of action NCAR has provided. I'd pay that with or without special access. Valerie has a tough job and she has maintained the incredible hosting of the media contingent, solid! That kind of access cannot be summed up in a $$ amount.

Every job i've ever had, lost and never started was critcally based on the 12 days in September.

All the best wishes to RARA and keeping Mecca ALIVE!

ADT
                                "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X