Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting ready

Hi gang.

Well, time is VERY near. Went to Stead today and everything (almost) is up. All the tents, even some food services werre out today getting set up. There are several formula 1 and biplanes in the the hanger. Rare Bear is getting a final wax coating and new tires. And Precious Metal and Furias are both sitting on the ramp. Waiting....... and waiting. I'm getting to smell some that hi octane fuel already.........MG
    MG

Getting ready...

I have everything booked and I am looking forward to being there. I will be doing ramp security again this year.

I have some friends who are close to the action at the Miss America hangar here in OKC. They say the airplane is almost ready...just needs paint. From what they tell me, the airplane has a lot of neat mods and the work looks good. It will be nice to see her back in the air again. I know Brent loves being there and it will be nice to see him and all of the crew back at Reno again.

See ya all there...

Glenn Bloom

Comment

Hi all, i'll be at the Valley of Speed on monday look for the dutchman RV and stop and say hi, the brew is always cold. GO BEAR..

Comment

If ya see a dark green Mustang with Nevada plates hangin in your area, that's my son and I! I'll be the dummy with all the pins on my hat...
        Gonna try to get over that way one of the afternoons. All these years I've been going and I've never headed down Red Rock.
        It's sure gonna be hard to stay at work until he's out of classes. Luckily his middle school is on Stead Blvd. so I don't have to stop long!
        Been watching the stands go up and all the activity. Heck, the mornings even smell like "Reno".

See ya there.

Leo
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Bags are packed...

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go.
          Only hours left before I'm in Reno...
          For high octane noise on the flyyyyyyyyyyy.

Comment

I cant wait either. I am heading outwed morning and will arrive in Reno at 9:00 am. I figure after getting the car and checking into the hotel I should be at stead by NOON!!!! Only draw back is I have to leave on fri at 3:30 because of some scheduling snafu's.... Can I get any sympathy from anyone.. Please, it would make me feel alil better.....LOL Oh well, I figure I will use that day to see the races from the valley of speed(I will be looking for the beer RV!!!) Then after picking up my bottle of Rare Bear Brew, watching from the box seats thurs, then the rest of the weekend I will be watching from this seat i am sitting at right now. Wayne, alot of people are counting on this site!!!! Keep up the good work.

GO BEAR!!
            Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77
              <snip> then the rest of the weekend I will be watching from this seat i am sitting at right now. Wayne, alot of people are counting on this site!!!! Keep up the good work.

GO BEAR!!
              LOL... well, we're working on it.. The one thing I do not want to do is watch the races from a hangar again..

We'll be getting some stuff up daily and we'll have a connection there at the event. So some stuff will be pretty "on time"... I've got company coming in for the weekend.... So I'm pretty sure, I'll be skinned if I spend too darn much time at the computer after abandoning her all day while I go get my hair cut out at the pylons...

Not going to be quite like it has been for the past few years but we'll see..

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

See ya there wayne

Wayne...I will be happy to contribute some pix from the days. I should be out at the airport around 2 or 3 on Wed. Looking forward to some round-motor racing at its best.....Hopefully you can stop by for a beer at some time or another at the Risky...ooops "Bad" pits.
                Randy Rheinschild
                www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

So Close!! I think I can smell the high octane fumes already!! I'll be heading out there Wed afternoon, should be at Stead w/ beer in hand by 5:00 or so.

Wayne, you and your lady friend should stop by the T-6 pits Wednesday night for the party. Swing by our pit, Race #12, "Thumper." We'll have some pretty tasty margarittas mixed up!!!

Hanging out with a group of aviation fanatics, sippin' cold drinks, and expieriencing the thrill of the Reno Air Races!!! There can't be a better way to spend vacation time!!

See Ya There,
                  FBK

Comment

Originally posted by Fly-By Knight
                    Wayne, you and your lady friend should stop by the T-6 pits Wednesday night for the party. Swing by our pit, Race #12, "Thumper." We'll have some pretty tasty margarittas mixed up!!!
                    FBK.. would that it were!! I'll be flying solo until Friday evening, the annual "smoke oil party" will see me, alas.... my buddy will not be able to experience the "true" reason we all go to Reno a few days early!!

Desparately, trying to pry my sleep deprived body out of my office so I can get on the road today... No matter how well I try to "plan" I rarely, if ever, get away prior to noon...

Looks like this year will be no different... oh, well... sleep is for dead people!!!!

See ya at the party..

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

No Jury

Would convict me.
                      I'm stuck at work today.
                      My house is about 2 miles from Stead.
                      My wife just called me and says "I hear airplanes, what kind is it?" and sticks the phone out.
                      After the mustang roars bye, she says "too bad you have to work..." to tease me!
                      You people be the judge, does she live?

Leo

Checking how much leave I have built up...
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Let the lot of you hang!!!

Leo,
                        Man I am in Atlanta Ga and wont make it outta here until Wed early am ...lucky to make it in around 12 or so......so I think those that are that close telling us about it should all go to the gallows...;->

Enjoy it this weekend while you can scout it out for us unlucky few who cant get there as quick as you can.
                        Randy Rheinschild
                        www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

I bow my head and apologize to those less fortunate...
                          It's like being right next to a beautiful, sexy woman and not being able to look or touch!

But I'll be good from now on.
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

you go man....jump that gal

enough said to you my friend...hopefully we will meet at the races...being Rhino Jr. I shall not be hard to miss. in the Bad attitude square.
                            Randy Rheinschild
                            www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

I'll stop bye Saturday, the day I'll be in the pits. If your pit does'nt look too busy I'll say "HI".

And I plan on jumpin' all weekend...

Leo
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X