Benoist Commemorative Flight - A Race Against Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benoist Commemorative Flight - A Race Against Time

Another Kermit Weeks project, or a fiasco waiting to happen? He and his crew are attempting to build from scratch, a precise reproduction of the Benoist air-boat that made the first commercial flight on January 1, 1914 from St. Petersburg to Tampa, FL. He plans to fly the replica on the 100 year anniversary, January 1, 2014. From the looks of it, they have a lot to do yet and I have serious doubts about their ability to pull it off. Not the flying, but actually getting it built in time.

Re: Benoist Commemorative Flight - A Race Against Time

Not sure how they got there, or "who" wrote them, but the "closed captions" that run across the bottom of the screen are hilarious!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The captions are bizarre! :-)

So other then the motor seems like a very reasonable project to me, I think hull design has improved but should be a fine flyer!

Can't wait to see it in the air!

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Saw these updates on the Benoist Project on the FoF Benoist2014.com blog. Nice to see the reports and the progress.

Metal update...
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Launch Site report...
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Wing Panel update...

Interesting. Check them out.

Comment

There's a video on the planes prop too. Can't wait to see some video on it coming together.

Comment

Working...
          X