So What about the Bear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So What about the Bear?

From the other board. According to Colby Wallick (Dreadnought Crew Chief) here's why:

the two cylinders on the engine are the two master rod cylinders. They're just there to keep the master rods in position.

Comment

That is correct. But I think the Chief said he only has to work 16 of the 18. Also, the guides were installed by the Chief and are good to go.

Comment

so here is a question to keep the rumor mill running,we understand removing 16 cylinders to fix a problem was required , but did you leave the engine on the airplane, or take it off and put it in a stand to do the work ,if you took it off to fix it ,dont you still have a spare engine with a good lower end and good cylinders ,one would think replacing the engine that needs repair with one that is a known good one makes more sense.

Comment

Sailing South is the man! The whole thing looks uglier than it really is. Take one jug off and it looks like everything is going to hell. Take five off and you are looking like the engine has seen better days. The Valves just need the final touch. I could tell you a story about taking six jugs off and the stories that went around but that will have to wait for when I get a little older to make it sound better. Closer tolerance, better power!
          JetWaste

Comment

As long as the Bear beats the !$#@% out of the pointed nosed red and white Mustang who cares. BTW Guiness IS the ultimate cold sodie.
            Im in the sport class and would love to come to the cave to visit in sept.
            #105 ......with the cold sodie , of course

Comment

Originally posted by agairinc View Post
              As long as the Bear beats the !$#@% out of the pointed nosed red and white Mustang who cares. BTW Guiness IS the ultimate cold sodie.
              Look for Howdy Doody on a broom to get spanked this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                LOL. thats some funny $hit right there Howdy Doody, LOL

Personally I dont care who wins as long as there is a race to win

Comment

I think your referring to boy wonder?

Comment

Actually Im green with envy, should the truth be known

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                      Why would you call Rare Bear Howdy Doody on a broom?

Comment

At least Stevo knows how to turn a wrench among other things than beating the Bare Rear. I meant the Rare Bear. A lot of Bear Beers.
                        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                          At least Stevo knows how to turn a wrench among other things than beating the Bare Rear. I meant the Rare Bear. A lot of Bear Beers.
                          LOL Bob... one of those things anyway!..

That said.. I hope everyone realizes that the original comment came from crew.. crew can bust crew chops here.. In fact, it's probably encouraged.. (whynot)
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by agairinc View Post
                            As long as the Bear beats the !$#@% out of the pointed nosed red and white Mustang who cares.
                            Keep dreamin! The only way that happens is if someone steals the engine out of Strega right before the Gold race...

Comment

Can some tell me why the P3 prop came off? It sure looked to me like the bear was turning out some good speeds with it.. 3 blades more efficient than 4 ...

Comment

Harmonics and Gyroscopic effect of the 3 Blade made for rather unpleasant flight characteristics.
                                That being said if sheer coolness counted for anything it would still be on the plane..................
                                Last edited by ChrisMX105; 07-18-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X