Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So What about the Bear?

Originally posted by C_roundy View Post
    Positively noted Sir! You once did me a favor, and I won't forget it.

In your case, I'll dunk yer bottle neck in sea salt, AND squeeze yer lime for ya too!!!

I salute ALL you Team Rare Bear Guys fer comin' on here, an helpin' out!!!

P.S. Its startin' to look like I'm gonna' need to commandeer a golf cart (like my buddy G.P. did for me last year, so I could bring my 1/6th scale bear in the pits as you invited me to Scott), just to bring you guys all the right kinds o' suds!

Chuck Roundy

might as well reserve a beer truck....a BBQ.....and a band....and some dancin girls.....have us an imprompto party. Maybe the Bear is just plain tired of working and needs to cut loose a lil bit.
    Last edited by Bob; 07-01-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I realize that two or three have posted limited or silly answers to the question of what happened to or why the cylinders are removed. I also realize that they are likely not at liberty to say why.
      My concern is why not just say what happened. Let's face it, race engines are volatile. That's no secret. Not to any one here or any race team.

But good grief, it's just general mechanical curiosity.

So, from here on, I guess I'm just sitting on the sideline, with no questions or answers that I may be able to provide in a topic that may come up in my own fields of experience. Seems to be no point in asking a question, or expecting to see anything more than a childish answer to a question.

Sorry to bother you.

Tim

Comment

Well I could bring my band, BUT, I am totally sure we would wayyy tooo loud, and I am sure our heavy metal would cause one of you to find a way to unplug us...

Comment

Big Iron and Heavy Metal, seems like a match made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Jones View Post
            I realize that two or three have posted limited or silly answers to the question of what happened to or why the cylinders are removed. I also realize that they are likely not at liberty to say why.
            My concern is why not just say what happened. Let's face it, race engines are volatile. That's no secret. Not to any one here or any race team.

But good grief, it's just general mechanical curiosity.

So, from here on, I guess I'm just sitting on the sideline, with no questions or answers that I may be able to provide in a topic that may come up in my own fields of experience. Seems to be no point in asking a question, or expecting to see anything more than a childish answer to a question.

Sorry to bother you.

Tim
            Tim, it's to protect the guilty. There is much ego and finger pointing involved, so better not to air it on a public forum. You can read between the lines of Chris' ( dial tappers) posts and get the gist.
            Red
            chanting...400+

Comment

Hey All

I want everyone to know the Bear camp has been and always will be a fan friendly camp. Ask ALMOST any technical question and we'll try to answer. We'll also keep you updated on how the progress and maintenance is coming along. I feel we owe it to the fans who really want to know how the Bear is doing.

The question was "So What about the Bear"? The answer is. We are repairing 16 cylinders at the moment because exhaust valve seats are questionable. Might as well get ahead of it now then 2 weeks before the races, Right! They are almost finished then we'll install the cylinders and keep truckin on.

All the rumors, political BS stuff isn't the question....... Start a new thread.... Go ahead..... Lol. I hope everyone settles down a bit and supports this fun tight nit group:-)

A lot of mods have been completed and are very successful! Look for us to be in great shape come race day. Every race team has a long way to go till Sunday race day.

Lets have some fun and we'll try to keep everyone updated.

Seeyaonthebeach
              I like Corona!

Comment

What?! Muddy up the rumor mill with facts, from a reliable source? Someone here HAS to come up with SOMETHING better and juicier than that!
                Silly season is just not silly without rumors, flame wars, suspensions and, ahem, differences of opinion. Facts just reduce all of this to, well, education. Imagine...
                Thanks Sailin South for ruining the fun!

Just kidding, thank you for setting the record straight.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The question was "So What about the Bear"? The answer is. We are repairing 16 cylinders at the moment because exhaust valve seats are questionable. Might as well get ahead of it now then 2 weeks before the races, Right! They are almost finished then we'll install the cylinders and keep truckin on.

That's an answer I can live with!
                  Absolutely clear and understandable.
                  Thanks, and I'll buy a few shirts and hats to help as I can.
                  I'd also like to buy one of the cases of ground crew coolant for one of the warm evenings.

Thanks again,

Tim

Comment

Can you tell us if the valve guide issues of a few years ago are resolved?
                    Ron Henning

Comment

Originally posted by Sailing South View Post
                      Hey All

I want everyone to know the Bear camp has been and always will be a fan friendly camp. Ask ALMOST any technical question and we'll try to answer. We'll also keep you updated on how the progress and maintenance is coming along. I feel we owe it to the fans who really want to know how the Bear is doing.

All the rumors, political BS stuff isn't the question....... Start a new thread.... Go ahead..... Lol. I hope everyone settles down a bit and supports this fun tight nit group:-)

A lot of mods have been completed and are very successful! Look for us to be in great shape come race day. Every race team has a long way to go till Sunday race day.

Lets have some fun and we'll try to keep everyone updated.

Seeyaonthebeach
                      I like Corona!
                      THANK YOU!!! That's all i wanted to know........
                      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Who's going to be the pilot this year?

Comment

Stu. He really didn't get to fly last year so it's time for him to saddle up! I like Becks!
                          Last edited by jetwaste; 07-02-2012, 04:55 PM. Reason: Beer
                          JetWaste

Comment

Originally posted by jetwaste View Post
                            Stu. He really didn't get to fly last year so it's time for him to saddle up! I like Becks!
                            Let's keep this simple for anyone stopping by the Cave;

Guinness

Guinness

Or

Guinness.

Comment

Your liver is in poor shape and after 4 of those things you tend to wander in conversation and vertical is not your friend, you do have a couple of crowns with the black tide though. Just saying, we don't need to carry you like usual.............
                              JetWaste

Comment

Curiosity bites!

If replacing valve seats on 16 jugs of an 18 cylinder radial, why not do the other 2 as well for good measure? If the those cylinders that were removed have questionable seats, then the remaining ones, even though they look OK now, probably don't have a lot of life left in them either (unless those 2 untouched cyls are newer than the rest and don't share the same level of wear and tear).

Comment

Working...
                                X