So What about the Bear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What about the Bear?

Somebody said here recently that the Bear had it's engine apart...."all but two jugs..." or something....
    Anybody got any more on that????

Re: So What about the Bear?

RareBear was hungry, and its appitite could only be satisified with a big platter of parts.....

There are some posts regarding this, no difinitive cause given.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
      RareBear was hungry, and its appitite could only be satisified with a big platter of parts.....

I think they woke the Rare Bear up too early from hibernation, and it's extracing revenge by gorging itself on snacks full of empty calories. The bear is accustomed to sleeping until at least the second week of September and then eating a feast of wild horses and assorted feral cats

Comment

LOL.......that's funny! The past few years the ONLY thing The Bear has eaten is exhaust fumes from other racers............. and they looked like Mustangs. Must be a change of diet!

DL

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post

Hope this helps, I'm hearing that somehow the ADI mapping got mismatched during high power testing, and the resultant (too much) volume of fluid basically hydro-blasted the oil film from the cylinder walls; during a condition where having said oil film able to do it's job well, was obviously crucial.

It makes sense to me, considering that the whole dang squadron of 18, 186 cid. jugs got hosed.

-BUT- from all reports, there is a very busy shop somewhere the last couple o' weeks gettin' it all fixed!!!
          Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Originally posted by C_roundy View Post
            Hope this helps, I'm hearing that somehow the ADI mapping got mismatched during high power testing, and the resultant (too much) volume of fluid basically hydro-blasted the oil film from the cylinder walls; during a condition where having said oil film able to do it's job well, was obviously crucial.

It makes sense to me, considering that the whole dang squadron of 18, 186 cid. jugs got hosed.

-BUT- from all reports, there is a very busy shop somewhere the last couple o' weeks gettin' it all fixed!!!
            "the ADI mapping got mismatched during high power testing"

Do you work in HR? Must say that in the most PC explanation for operator error I've ever heard. Lol.

"and the resultant (too much) volume of fluid basically hydro-blasted the oil film from the cylinder walls"

Don't believe everything you "hear" from "experts" on the internet. Not true.

The good news is after the cylinders are back on the Bear has never been more fine tuned and will ready to rock.

Now back to your regular scheduled silly season.

Comment

So who was the operator on that flight?

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                "the ADI mapping got mismatched during high power testing"

Do you work in HR? Must say that in the most PC explanation for operator error I've ever heard. Lol.

"and the resultant (too much) volume of fluid basically hydro-blasted the oil film from the cylinder walls"

Don't believe everything you "hear" from "experts" on the internet. Not true.

The good news is after the cylinders are back on the Bear has never been more fine tuned and will ready to rock.

Now back to your regular scheduled silly season.
                Dialtapper, thanks I think.... But just so you can understand, I didn't feel it necessary or productive to assign blame for the damage, simply to help people understand what caused the damage, and thusly get the basic lesson to be learned from the experience, (that you can't let your ADI feed get screwed up in any way).

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it if you could clarify your statement: "Don't believe everything you "hear" from "experts" on the internet. Not true." -by giving at least some kind of more accurate specifics, rather than just telling us all that my sources are wrong. If they're wrong, how-so?

P.S. what is "HR"? (I must not be as PC savvy as you)...

Just trying to get the facts Mam..........
                Chuck Roundy
                Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Chuck Roundy
                  HR = Human Resources

Comment

HR = Human Roundy?

Comment

Originally posted by De Camara View Post
                      HR = Human Roundy?
                      Thanks De Camera! but it's only true as long as I'm resourceful....
                      Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

HR=Hellacious Radial

Comment

Dialtapper, thanks I think.... But just so you can understand, I didn't feel it necessary or productive to assign blame for the damage, simply to help people understand what caused the damage, and thusly get the basic lesson to be learned from the experience, (that you can't let your ADI feed get screwed up in any way).

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it if you could clarify your statement: "Don't believe everything you "hear" from "experts" on the internet. Not true." -by giving at least some kind of more accurate specifics, rather than just telling us all that my sources are wrong. If they're wrong, how-so?

Just trying to get the facts Mam..........
                          Chuck Roundy
                          You said " I'm hearing that somehow the ADI mapping got mismatched during high power testing, and the resultant (too much) volume of fluid basically hydro-blasted the oil film from the cylinder walls; during a condition where having said oil film able to do it's job well, was obviously crucial"

Clarification; No truth to "(too much) volume of fluid basically hydro-blasted the oil film from the cylinder walls" That was not the case. Cold ADI hitting hot exhaust valve seats is not a good thing.

Hope that helps Chuck.

Comment

Well I heard that REDACTED was going to REDACTED but instead the REDACTED went plus 5 over REDACTED.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                              So who was the operator on that flight?

Neal
                              My guess would be one of the two names on RB's side and I am guessing its the man who writes the checks.

Just a guess is all, didnt hear it from anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X