ticket prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticket prices

Just curious. I just joined RARA to help out the cause with some bucks.
    I know my dues will be due again in August but that doesnt bother me in the least...They gave me a deep deal on my tickets....ten bucks off senior price....I think the tickets were something ridiculasly low like $52 for the week.

The RARA website said the ticket prices are going up July 2. Anyone know how much? I assume this is to raise money for the steep insurance cost...hopefully it doesnt keep the locals from comming up the hill and buying those home wrecker hotdogs and beer.

Re: ticket prices

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    Just curious. I just joined RARA to help out the cause with some bucks.
    I know my dues will be due again in August but that doesnt bother me in the least...
    I did the same, joined RARA. Even popped for a season ticket in the reserved grandstand and a season pit pass.

If the locals slack off on the beer buying I'll do my part to take up the slack.

Comment

The ticket prices for the Reno air races have to be one of the last bargains on the planet!

Example: The 49es just announced ticket prices recently for their new stadium they are building near here. The cheapest, upper deck, "nose-bleed" seats are gonna cost an outrageous $85 a day! I won't be attending any of their games anymore at that price,... you can bet on it.

So, count your blessings! We have it good here.

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
        The ticket prices for the Reno air races have to be one of the last bargains on the planet!

Example: The 49es just announced ticket prices recently for their new stadium they are building near here. The cheapest, upper deck, "nose-bleed" seats are gonna cost an outrageous $85 a day! I won't be attending any of their games anymore at that price,... you can bet on it.

So, count your blessings! We have it good here.

The prices are go good I have to go to the Catholic church where I camp and confess that every day I am stealing!!!!! (Man, that nun that looks like Jennifer Lopez has a wicked ruler) I would gladly pay $100 a day and more but I understand that getting locals to come up the hill with their families is important so they buy the hot dogs and make bucks for RARA. So RARA keeps the prices low. I still think it would be a good idea if we here bought a sponsorship for whatever called "Friends of Reno Air Racing" and gave what we could. In return, I want fancy credentials, and a picture of me sitting in a certain red race plane cockpit. I wouldnt even want a tote bag. And no pledge breaks during the racing....
        It would be a shame if the races disappeared for want of a few lousy bucks for insurance....

Comment

Originally posted by Von Zipper View Post
          I did the same, joined RARA. Even popped for a season ticket in the reserved grandstand and a season pit pass.

If the locals slack off on the beer buying I'll do my part to take up the slack.
          Its a good feeling to stand up and do your part, isnt it? Got my tickets today....
          what a feeling to look at them, hold them and believe....
          (The trouble with beer is you cant buy it, you can only rent it....the lease is a bit longer on those great teryaki bowls)
          Look for me hangin' around the RARA tent at Oshkosh.
          Chris who is addicted to those frozen coffees just outside the pit entrance.

Comment

Attendance has been good at most local events so far this year. The Reno Rodeo last week added about 42 mil to the local economy according to the news.
            Whether this is all due to a better economy, or just the fact that the local events are cheaper if you factor in travel, who knows? BUT it could be a good sign for the races. They need a good year.
            It isn't an easy "casual" family outing. Tickets at close to $100 for a family of four. Add drinks, food and other gedunk (and nothing out there is really cheap anymore) and you could easily top $200-250 for a day.
            Not complaining, but it is not as easy as, say, dumping $50 on ribs downtown. I know I have to tightly budget my week as this is purely a luxury for me, money-wise.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
              Attendance has been good at most local events so far this year. The Reno Rodeo last week added about 42 mil to the local economy according to the news.
              Whether this is all due to a better economy, or just the fact that the local events are cheaper if you factor in travel, who knows? BUT it could be a good sign for the races. They need a good year.
              It isn't an easy "casual" family outing. Tickets at close to $100 for a family of four. Add drinks, food and other gedunk (and nothing out there is really cheap anymore) and you could easily top $200-250 for a day.
              Not complaining, but it is not as easy as, say, dumping $50 on ribs downtown. I know I have to tightly budget my week as this is purely a luxury for me, money-wise.
              I am sorry and apologize to anyone whose cash flow is a bit lacking if I offended them. I have been there. I started married life in an old 10 ft by 35 ft trailer. I have slept in my car/truck many nights to save money on vacation.
              I still maintain that the cost of this event is dirt cheep when you compare it to other events and activities. Most of us would give up quite a bit all year to save for this event if we had to, but you are right that for a casual local family event , and they chose not to eat out of their car, it could get costly.

Chris who refuses to buy drinks and popcorn at theatres....but has no problem patronizing the vendors at the races....

Comment

Not offended at all.
                Compared to most major sporting events it IS cheap. I'm just cheaper.
                I used to be able to go and do it in style. The last few years, well, money is tight and buying the tickets and passes for the week is about all I can do, and I save for that. Food? I manage on a couple of PBJ's and some water that I get in. My parking is covered by my air race plate. Someday, again...
                My point is that unless you are a fan, it is a lot of money for a day outing.
                The locals come out when there is a big draw like the T-birds, more than for the races.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

You are right Leo. In my case just trying to get there is a big deal for me.Over the years I've spent most of my money on women & airshows/races. The rest of it I wasted.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                    You are right Leo. In my case just trying to get there is a big deal for me.Over the years I've spent most of my money on women & airshows/races. The rest of it I wasted.
                    Dont forget booze!!!!!!

When the T-Birds are at the Fairchild AFB openhouse, the attendence doubles....

Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X