So I don't get myself in trouble....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I don't get myself in trouble....

I could not get a definite answer to this on one of the other racing sites. I will be in Reno before noon on Sunday the 7th. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I will be free to walk where ever I want (except the flightline), until Wednesday when actual pit passes are needed. Right? What about parking those first couple of days? Free, or will I get charged?

T....

One can never know for sure how things will be handled from year to year... but.. In year's past, yes, the field has been "open" between Sunday and Wednesday. With the exception of the press area out by the north side of the west hangars, where there is a little elevated platform set up. I do know that is a sore spot with RARA, as the FAA gets on them about unauthorized people being out there..

Parking, to be honest, since I've stayed on the field as a guest of John Parker's American Air Racing for the past three years, I'm going to be as far in the dark as you are this year on that subject.

You should be fine being on the field, there are no tickets listed for those days, the first day of tickets, and pit passes, from what I can see, is the same as always.. starting on Thursday.

For sure, the flightline, is always a no cross line, even during PRS.

As always, use your head and, unless things have radically changed for this year, you'll be fine during the best three days of the event... Monday-Wednesday!

Those days are really the best, in my opinion... not wanting to get something started that will make me really unpopular with fans, I have always thought that charging $5.00 for a pass thru the gate on those days would not discourage many people from coming out, doing so might well make a bit more money for the teams...

That said... I know there are those who absolutely can not afford even a dollar to go, so those three days are the *only* days they do go.. so I'd hate to see that happen.. I *am* always looking for ways to put a little more in the hat for the teams though.. Being as closely involved with, probably the "poorest" Unlimited team in the history of the sport this past year or so, I've got a pretty good feel for what they do need.. that being .. more $$$

I believe I saw another part of your question, that being... on actual race days (Thurs-Sun) how early can you get in.. (as in, prior to sunup) I actually don't think you can get in that early if you are at ticketed fan, unless you are a NAG member and can enter via the pit gate at the west end... I may be totally wrong on that though... again, for most of the years I've been going out there since '97, I've "lived" on field for the entire ten day period.

Hope that answered your question...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
    X