What happened to the IMAX movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the IMAX movie?

I was eagerly anticipating the release of the Reno IMAX movie at the end of May in Houston (my home town). For some reason it is not happening. Has anyone seen it, or know what the plan for release is?

Re: What happened to the IMAX movie?

The website for the Houston Museum of Natural Science says nothing about it.

Hotlist says two different dates:

"Air Racers 3D @ Houston Museum of Natural Science
    Friday, October 12 at 10:00 AM "

and...

"June 29, 2012 - Film Launch @ Houston Museum of Natural Science Wortham Giant Screen Theatre, Houston (Texas) http://www.hmns.org/
    "

I have no idea why the Museum site says nada, or if these dates are still valid. Other sites all say Houston's date(s) to be announced. Perhaps you can call the museum directly via a number on the website and ask somebody.

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 05-30-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

It has been showing at the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson KS for about a month. A must see for air racing fans.

Comment

My Feelings about it: 100% Meh.

Comment

I talked with the Houston IMAX folks. The movie showed for a special viewing, but there are no plans for a regular schedule. I put in my request, but if there are any other south Texas racing fans, give them a call and tell them you want to see it. It pains me to think that there is finally an air racing movie, and I can't go to it.

I do realize there was one a few years ago, but after watching the trailer and listening to other peoples comments, I felt it was better to let that one go.

Comment

I know where I'm gonna be September 9th

Narrated by Paul Walker, Air Racers 3D takes you into Nevada's Valley of Speed for a breathtaking exploration of the fastest race in the world combined with spectacular air show entertainment: the legendary Reno National Championship Air Races.

Comment

I recently saw it at the ASM in washington. I thought it was very well done. They took a few liberties, but only a die hard race fan will notice them. For the general public i think that it is a great promo film for the sport.
              bob burns
              ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
              "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Comment

It will be showing in Reno during race week, possibly at multiple venues. Details coming soon.

Comment

At the movie's table in one of the pavillions at Oshkosh, I talked with the pretty young lady for quite awhile and showed her my close up on the movie promo she was showing on a monitor....and she still didnt want my autograph!
                    Look for the DVD and Blueray to come out this fall.....dont know if it will have more footage than what we shall see at Reno or not..forgot to ask...I think all the bombshell girls, calander girls, and professional models at Oshkosh scrambled my brains!

Comment

Been dying to see this movie since heard the first hints and saw the first trailers!
                      Hope will still be showing in Reno Race week!
                      So we'd love to see it in Reno especially early in the week if it will still be there!
                      We were soooo let down when found it doesn't look like will ever hit Denver.
                      Hasting NE has it but seems Denver was too small town for their taste
                      I suppose now they can state too dangerous in this town.
                      What part of 'Air Race FAN-atic' do you not understand?
                      Like the chips - You can't attend just one!

Comment

Working...
                      X