Races 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Races 2012

Fox News just aired the trailer of the Imax production of The Air Racers that was shot at Stead over the past 3 years. Interviewed some guy with 'positive' comments about the event. Takes a bunch of clout to get that done. Wonder if the major networks will follow suit.
    Attached Files

Re: Races 2012

Originally posted by spinner View Post
    Fox News just aired the trailer of the Imax production of The Air Racers that was shot at Stead over the past 3 years. Interviewed some guy with 'positive' comments about the event. Takes a bunch of clout to get that done. Wonder if the major networks will follow suit.
    What a nice shot you attached.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

At least the local channels are showing old stock footage of the races with their stories instead of the crash videos's. Most stories have been positive, or at least neutral. Still have to laugh at the "live from Stead" segments they do whenever there is the slightes glimmer of news about it, lights on them in front of a closed gate bundled up against the early morning cold.

Spinner, is Sparky coming to PRS?
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Dont know at this point Leo.

Comment

I know it's expensive and you need a good reason!
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            What a nice shot you attached.

Thanks for sharing.

Agreed! Jimmy's hanging out down there ready to open a can of whoop a$$ I forget exacly which race is was in 2010 (Unlimited Silver maybe?) where it seemed he was just setting the pace, then opened it up and put close to a lap on second place. At least that's the way I remember it

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
              Agreed! Jimmy's hanging out down there ready to open a can of whoop a$$ I forget exacly which race is was in 2010 (Unlimited Silver maybe?) where it seemed he was just setting the pace, then opened it up and put close to a lap on second place. At least that's the way I remember it
              And yet he was still 100 mph slower than Strega and Voodoo ran later that same afternoon.

Just sayin'.

Comment

That was when he had to work his way up from nothing to end up in the gold. It really was not much of a challenge as GG was markedly faster than what he was flying against, UNTIL he got to the gold, which was not held.
                Back in "the old days" Jimmy would spend the week fighting problems, slow speeds, etc but seemed to get things ironed out by race day. Saw him come from behind to win (Bronze, Silver) with large margins many a time.
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  And yet he was still 100 mph slower than Strega and Voodoo ran later that same afternoon.

Just sayin'.
                  [Trashtalkin'] I never said how FAR he opened it up...[/Trashtalkin']
                  In all seriousness, 2010 was my first year at the races, and the debut of the Ghost was one of the reasons I finally made it down there. It was definitely exciting for me to see that race. I think she was a contender, if, if, if...

Comment

Going to see it. Maybe it will change my attitude about going back to Reno.
                    Sometimes I hear the airplanes in my head. You would too if you had my job. Imagine "Towmater" at DFW. Call 5252 on the radio

Comment

Working...
                    X