Unlimited Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Developments

SO...... are there any developments from the Unlimited camp?

I've heard plenty about Czech Mate's supposed refinements and that we should see Smooter bring her to PRS next month, refinements made to Rare Bear for her record(s) attempt and for racing, Furias's timeframe for paint, Precious Metal's systems refinement after essentially being first-time tested in the races last year, SteadFast's new prop, Strega's engine work & prop recuffing (pretty routine), etc. But...

1) What about 232? In the podcasts from Thursday last year, Steve Stavrakakis talked at length about September Fury's motor boo boo and how Rod lewis had already promised the hot seat to "Hoot" again this year and also promised to spare no expense on building a new race motor, possibly with the slow nose case going back on. Any news on that front?

2) Back in a 2009 podcast, Sherman Smoot mentioned that Czech Mate would go boil-off soon. Any progress on that?

3) Has anyone shown interest in buying Voodoo?

4) On Furias's Facebook Fan Page, it was mentioned that Furias needed more system and wing refinements before getting painted. Anyone know what had to be done?

5) In another thread, it was mentioned that, here within the past week or so, someone saw what appeared to be a heavily modified P-51 flying in California or Nevada. Knowing that Strega was in the shop and that Precious Metal is in Florida, what would this mystery Mustang be? Voodoo? DAGO? (unlikely)
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Unlimited Developments

1) Most likely going back to a stock war bird paint and all...

2) Slim chance by September, but if Sherm doesn't get a check ride at PRS 2013

3) In this economy... It's too much $$$ even for a good TF...

4) Needs a good sponsor with $$$

5) It's funny what a few too many beers will make you see...
    Strega and the Bear flying in formation down the beach in CA.
    Really? Swamp land for sale...

1 outa 5... 20% chance of may be
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
      Back in a 2009 podcast, Sherman Smoot mentioned that Czech Mate would go boil-off soon. Any progress on that?:dunno
      I'm banging on my head here... Hoping Bill W might look in... why oh why does my mind have memory of Bill telling me about, or showing me pictures of a boiler system during the early Yancey days, most of the pix I have from Bill are from the build.. I'm going to have to dig, or shave my memory cells (remove the dead ones) so I see this one more clearly..... Speedy, you remember anything on this one???

Or was it a boiler last time we saw it? I'm really scratching my head now and I'm away from my hard drives...
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
        5) It's funny what a few too many beers will make you see...
        Strega and the Bear flying in formation down the beach in CA.
        Really? Swamp land for sale...
        Knowing how much Rod Lewis likes the Hinton family and how close they are to M O'Leary, a formation photoshoot down that way would actually not surprise me one tiny bit. Guess we watch AC for a story?
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I've heard plenty about Czech Mate's supposed refinements and that we should see Smooter bring her to PRS next month, refinements made to Rare Bear for her record(s) attempt and for racing, Furias's timeframe for paint, Precious Metal's systems refinement after essentially being first-time tested in the races last year, SteadFast's new prop, Strega's engine work & prop recuffing (pretty routine), etc. But...

1) What about 232? In the podcasts from Thursday last year, Steve Stavrakakis talked at length about September Fury's motor boo boo and how Rod lewis had already promised the hot seat to "Hoot" again this year and also promised to spare no expense on building a new race motor, possibly with the slow nose case going back on. Any news on that front?

2) Back in a 2009 podcast, Sherman Smoot mentioned that Czech Mate would go boil-off soon. Any progress on that?

4) On Furias's Facebook Fan Page, it was mentioned that Furias needed more system and wing refinements before getting painted. Anyone know what had to be done?

5) In another thread, it was mentioned that, here within the past week or so, someone saw what appeared to be a heavily modified P-51 flying in California or Nevada. Knowing that Strega was in the shop and that Precious Metal is in Florida, what would this mystery Mustang be? Voodoo? DAGO? (unlikely)

1: Racing this year with Hoot at the controls? Yes. Not sure on the motor details other than one is being built.

2: Talked to Smoot at Chino. No chance for PRS, but hopeful for Sept. No mention of a boiler.

3: Interest? Maybe, but no $$$$$

4: Being painted now. Look for pics somewhat soon.

5: Someone's imagination.

Comment

This is a fun thread. Thanks everyone
            _________
            -Matt
            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

There is no new prop for Reno.
              Will Whiteside

Comment

I heard Wildfire was ready to go!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rigby View Post
                  I heard Wildfire was ready to go!
                  It is...?!?!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIM3BTX9GCc[/YT]