Qualifying Schedules/Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualifying Schedules/Times

Can the qualifying schedule be posted? I mean does the qualifying simply open on a certain day, or are aircraft like Dago scheduled to run at a specific time? I certainly want to see the qualifying runns of Dago Red and September Fury.

They pretty much try to keep within the same time during qualifying as they the race times. they just have more time for qualifying because there isn't the airshow. Make sense? MG
    MG

Comment

.......there should be a schedule (tenetive)
      at the RARA site
      Airrace.org
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

I thought it was just a qualifying window is open and the planes have to qualify within that window. They go when they want to go...I could be wrong.

Comment

The IF-1s and Bips fly early in the day, before it gets too hot. The UNLTDs fly closer to noon. There is a definite time slot for each division.

Comment

There are generally two practice/qualifying slots per day (Mon-Weds) per class. Sunday has only one slot and is for practice only, there are no timers or pylon judges out there. The only schedule I know with any certainty is for the biplanes, as our class president sent the schedule out to our class. It is:

2003 PRACTICE / QUALIFICATION SCHEDULE
            Sunday 9/7 = One session only (1100 - 1200)
            Monday 9/8 - Wednesday 9/10 = Two sessions per day (0850 - 0940) & (1300 - 1330)

2003 RACE SCHEDULE
            Thursday 9/11 = Heat 1C (0825), Heat 1B (1020)
            Friday 9/12 = Heat 2C (0825), Heat 2B (0855), Heat 1A (1020)
            Saturday 9/13 = Final 3C (0825), Heat 2A (1020)
            Sunday 9/14 = Final 3B (0825), Final 3A (1020)

The order has typically been IF1, Biplane, Sport, T-6, Jet then Unlimited. I may have the Jets and T-6's backwards. Jets may also only have one slot. It's been a year and usually at that time of day I'm usually in the hangar turning wrenches, so the memories are getting a little fuzzy.

As someone else mentioned, there is no particular time that a particular plane qualifies. If they're ready, the pilot will call for the clock. I usually shoot for Tuesday so if something isn't working I've got another day, but that's just me.
            Jeff Lo
            Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
            Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Thanks for the Info Jeff, and best of Luck on your own qualifying runs! Hope to see you there.

Comment

Schedule

The Reno Gazette Journal publishes a schedule and results daily through the week.
                In the past, Unlimited qualifying has been Mon-Wed, 1st run around 1100 or 1145, 2nd run around 1500.
                Just spend the whole day out there everyday so you don't miss anything. It's awl guud!

Comment

Working...
                X