X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates?

Any update Sat afternoon?

Re: Updates?

Results are being posted in a fairly timely manner at http://www.airrace.org/2008ResultsDisplay.php
    Joe

Comment

Gold just finished, Dago 1st, Sept Fury 2nd, Strega 3rd, Rare Bear 4th.. no cuts, clean race...

Comment

Just listened to the Gold race over the web stream reporting clean race no cuts
        1. Dago Red
        2. September Fury
        3. Strega
        4. Rare Bear
        5. Czech Mate
        6. Fury
        7. Bearcat

Hopefully they all get down safe. The web streaming audio is done for the day. Good luck tomorrow boys!

Comment

In the Unlimited Gold Heat just finished it was:

1. Dago Red, Dan Martin
          2. September Fury, Mike Brown
          3. Strega, Bill Destefani
          4. Rare Bear, John Penney
          5. Czech Mate, Sherman Smoot
          Joe

Comment

WOW! THANKS for the super fast updates !!!
            You guys are the greatest for those of us who are not at RENO this year

Dave.
            -------------

Comment

I can't make up my mind... was today's race better the yesterdays? Amazing Unlimited racing two days in a row! WOW
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

**********DID EVERY ONE GET DOWN ON THE GROUND OK????******

Comment

Mike Brown in Sept. Fury took the lead off the pole. Then Dago, Bear, and Sherm Smoot in the Yak. Strega was 5th. Tiger moved up throughout, passing CM and RB for third. Dan Martin in Dago Red took the lead goin' down the backstretch, but then Mike took it back. Then Dan passed again on the next lap to take the lead once and for all. Good race with everyone healthy! Still holdin' back, though. Especially Tiger, IMHO. Tomorrow's gonna be insane with everyone bustin' for the money!

Comment

I beleive the RARA results will show Dago Red, with two cuts...

I heard it from an official, unofficially!

Also Czeck Mate thought he was having some tail gear issues,.... Pace confirmed three gear down and he landed on runway 8.
                    Last edited by BUD_XXX; 09-13-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: Add verbage!

Comment

Official RARA results show no cuts happened. Dago-1st, Sep Fury-2nd, Strega-3rd, Bear-4th.

And LOOK at the seperation between Dago and Sep Fury... .64 seconds
                      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                      My Photos
                      My Ride

Comment

Oh, and check the time for Sparky. Has she ever finished that fast? Stevo was working that Mustang.
                        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                        My Photos
                        My Ride

Comment

Official results are what matters.

Sorry for the mis-info!

Comment

I listened to the webcast most of the afternoon. Not nearly as good as being there, but much better than waiting for the reports to come in. Thanks to all those who are filling in the details.

The UL Gold sounded truly awesome, but I want to know about the Super Sport. Sounds to me like the Sharps and the NXT are starting ta dynasty like they had in F1. How does she look in real life? Secondly is that cute little Questair for real? I don't think he's ever run anywhere near that fast before has he? Also cudos to Lee Behel and his team for the third place with the straight-suck horsepower. Who'd 'a thunk a Lancair could get any cleaner? (Well done Eric )

I expect I'll have the webcast up and running all day tomorrow.

Cheers all. Post lots of pictures OK?

Gerry

Comment

Food for Tomorrow!

Got a very generous ride out of the pit on Dan Martin's golf cart.. He'd stopped as we saw him driving by and we congratulated him.. "aww they were all sandbagging... but so are we" was what he said after we patted him on the back..

As the week progresses and everyone gets more "into it" the updates here get less frequent. I can barely garner enough energy at night to read the post digest, let alone respond...

But..

This is going to be a BARN BURNER if I've ever seen one!!

Two healthy Roundies.. two Healthy In-Lines!

Racing "theatre" at it's best... but this ain't no movie! This is real, everyone's thrashing.. not the least of which, RARE BEAR!

Dripping oil and being worked on, her crew could only say.. "wait till tomorrow"...

If you are missing this, you are missing RENO at its best!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X