Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time lurker.. Rare Bear "Fan".. any "new" news.. Will she make Reno???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long time lurker.. Rare Bear "Fan".. any "new" news.. Will she make Reno???

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
    Yeah, You know what happened once when we had the Bear ready for war a couple days early? Someone crossed the wires on the alternators and we spent two days digging in and replacing and replacing them. Yeah, thats some joy, Thanks for playing, next contestant!
    When some screw's up like that here in the USAF we take them out behind the hangar give him a hell of a beating. Would lyle stuff people in a punching bag and give them a good beat down for be'in dumb?

Comment

I have a cat named Bear....
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by F-16 CREW CHIEF
        When some screw's up like that here in the USAF we take them out behind the hangar give him a hell of a beating. Would lyle stuff people in a punching bag and give them a good beat down for be'in dumb?
        Yea... well I pulled out my camera at the hangar last night... this is the shot I got, just before getting my ass kicked by Mr. Cornell..
        Attached Files
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Actually, I'm kidding... Talked with Dave about this last night. Since this week/weekend is very important to the effort, it's not possible to just close the hangar doors and keep the "lid on" things..

"It's all out now" said Dave when I brought up the fact that EVERYONE with a camera will be hanging around taking pictures...

With that, I got permission to shoot and publish.. He placed no limits on what I could shoot, or publish.. however.. I'm only going to post this one shot, which is pretty similar to what everyone else will see, unless they are GRANTED PERMISSION to go inside the hangar..

With that said.. I LEFT last night because just by being there, I was a distraction and those guys have a lot of stuff to get done...

So..... how's bout we all try really hard this week/weekend to leave them guys alone.. go ahead and take your outside the hangar shots.. but don't ask to go inside, don't go inside and don't ask a lot of questions.

They have a LOT of work to do but they are confident that it will be done in time for Reno..

There has been a lot of "outside" work done.. meaning, it LOOKS bad.. a lot of stuff is off the plane but what you can't see is that a LOT of stuff has been getting done OUTSIDE the hangar. All of this "stuff" will come back and go together pretty darn fast.

Ok.. nuff said.. Be polite, let them get their work done. They are all FAR too nice to tell anyone to leave, so don't make them want to..

Wayne
          Attached Files
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            Yea... well I pulled out my camera at the hangar last night... this is the shot I got, just before getting my ass kicked by Mr. Cornell..
            It seem's every unlimited team takes on the personality of the aircraft. Rarebear =brawler. Don't mess with a bear It bites back.

Comment

There has been a lot of "outside" work done.. meaning, it LOOKS bad.. a lot of stuff is off the plane but what you can't see is that a LOT of stuff has been getting done OUTSIDE the hangar. All of this "stuff" will come back and go together pretty darn fast.
              YES!!!! They're putting the cannons back in the wings! Damnit, I told Lyle to do that YEARS ago. Skip? Skip who? Mike Brown? Just another 'kill mark' under the cockpit rail.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                YES!!!! They're putting the cannons back in the wings! Damnit, I told Lyle to do that YEARS ago. Skip? Skip who? Mike Brown? Just another 'kill mark' under the cockpit rail.
                Brad, You've got it backwards it's not the cannons in the wings, it's the Skipper in the hole. That's what it needs. Oh, well.
                John Slack

Comment

Actually, I'm kidding... Talked with Dave about this last night. Since this week/weekend is very important to the effort, it's not possible to just close the hangar doors and keep the "lid on" things..

"It's all out now" said Dave when I brought up the fact that EVERYONE with a camera will be hanging around taking pictures...

With that, I got permission to shoot and publish.. He placed no limits on what I could shoot, or publish.. however.. I'm only going to post this one shot, which is pretty similar to what everyone else will see, unless they are GRANTED PERMISSION to go inside the hangar..

With that said.. I LEFT last night because just by being there, I was a distraction and those guys have a lot of stuff to get done...

So..... how's bout we all try really hard this week/weekend to leave them guys alone.. go ahead and take your outside the hangar shots.. but don't ask to go inside, don't go inside and don't ask a lot of questions.

They have a LOT of work to do but they are confident that it will be done in time for Reno..

Ok.. nuff said.. Be polite, let them get their work done. They are all FAR too nice to tell anyone to leave, so don't make them want to..

Wayne
                  Well, the leading edge "extention" is gone for sure. Any speculation if it will be replaced?

Reever

Comment

Holy cow, thats one major strip down. Its skin and bones, I can't wait to see what it looks like in a few months. Thats some big time $$ being spent to pull it apart that far. From the looks of things there will be a different plane in the same skin come Sept. Should be interesting.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                      LOL!!!

Enough for a Bear "CAT"......

More "bear" than "cat," it doesn't cover up after itself....

Comment

I don't have time to read the thread, so I appologize if I'm redundant.
                        I hear they're haning the engine right now. John Penny says they're "on schedule" to fly earlier than they have in a long time.
                        I'll sneak over to the cave tomorrow and see if I can release some specifics.

TJ

Comment

They were prepping the sling to hang the motor (sorry John)...Engine yesterday. Limelight by Rush playing on the radio. Two engines sitting on stands next to the door. The crew seemed very calm.

TJ

Comment

Two engines being the current one and the one bought from Dwelles Critical Mass? Has either one been to the shop for tweaks? And weren't the leading edge cuffs worth it? I thought I recall a comment that they could get to the 470s pulling less power.
                            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Hey Wayne...

Someones been pulling your leg. Thats not the bear!

Were is all the bondo, the oil stains, and stack burns.. Oh boy!!!

By the looks of it, the bear has been on a diet. She will be one hungry cat when she awakens this fall.

Comment

Spent part of today with the delightful new owners of the Rare Bear... The Lewis family are truly exceptionally nice folks and we are ALL so very lucky to have them as the new owners of the legendary Rare Bear!

I've been "cleared hot" to give out ALL info I have and can get... I will be making several more trips to Reno between now and September and all news will be forthcoming...

"We're going to be at Reno" said Lewis when I asked him if I was cleared to put information out.. "Yes, by all means, let's get the word out"...

Engine hung today, it's the Dwelle/Critical Mass motor.. Many pictures and information coming.

I'm currently in the "guest room" in the hangar next to the prettiest Stearman I've ever seen. Trying to get sleepy so I can get up at dawn. We're going up in a C172 with door off.. at about 8:00AM...

Hard drive broke (that has all my shots from the past three days, with exception of today) *sigh*.. the trials of being a "road warrior"..

Hopefully, it's just a power supply problem and I'll be able to access them.. there are some other pretty important shots on there!!!!!
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X