Congratulations Dennis Sanders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Dennis Sanders!

At long last Dennis won the Gold race in Dreadnaught! After fielding so many racers with so many different pilots over the years, Dennis gets to put his name on that big trophy! Good things happen to good people! Joel Swagger in 924 is 2nd, Mike Brown in Goldfinger is 3rd. Argonaught and Miss America mayday for both, both on the ground safely, hopefully nothing to serious. Now to wait 364 days till the next one. Thank the Lord (and Wayners) for AAFO.com!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Re: Congratulations Dennis Sanders!

Two maydays and no pace plane to fly cover. Apparently Dreadnought was the pace plane, how does that work again?
    Another Reno Air Race week in the bag and no serious mishaps. Nice and safe-nobody passing anyone or doing something awkward. Prediction-next year Dreadnought will win it again because even though it can't beat a really fast unlimited racer it can beat a bunch of museum pieces.

Comment

Congrats to all! It was a great day; the weather was perfect today and the weather was amazing! Now I go
      into my post-race depression...

A year is a long time to wait...

I hope everyone gets home safe and I hope everyone had a great time this year!

Wayne, thank you for this site; I love the venue which you’ve created to share our passion!!!
      Last edited by Matt58; 09-15-2019, 06:08 PM.
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

It was nice to see Dennis win at long last. That family has given so much to air racing. The Sanders brought their airplanes to Reno when a lot of others didn't. Reno wouldn't be the same without that family. Congratulations!

GP

Comment

Congrats to Dennis! And to Joel also for 2nd place. The team almost took the top three spots!
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Thanks to the Sanders & their Sea Furies. It did make it interesting as to which one of them was going to win.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
              Congrats to all! It was a great day; the weather was perfect today and the weather was amazing! Now I go
              into my post-race depression...

A year is a long time to wait...

I hope everyone gets home safe and I hope everyone had a great time this year!

Wayne, thank you for this site; I love the venue which you’ve created to share our passion!!!
              Hit that dang donate button once in a while LOL!! Ad rev in the toilet this year, still self funding most of the site's expense, every LITTLE bit helps!!

Sorry I missed getting to see a lot of folks this year, that double pneumonia that I went through last winter/spring kicked my ass a lot further down the road than I realized I did get some good shots of the morning races Saturday, however, I'll start posting as soon as possible.
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Good news.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapskater View Post
                  Two maydays and no pace plane to fly cover. Apparently Dreadnought was the pace plane, how does that work again
                  Another Reno Air Race week in the bag and no serious mishaps. Nice and safe-nobody passing anyone or doing something awkward. Prediction-next year Dreadnought will win it again because even though it can't beat a really fast unlimited racer it can beat a bunch of museum pieces.
                  CT-133 aborted during taxi out.. Wee Willy II rolled out and made a midfield T/O and didn't look like they were babying the engine either. Wee Willy chased miss a A during the mayday.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to see Dennis run all his laps this year. I didn’t see him put a single wing wrong. While it is the Buick, what a Buick it is. A fire breathing, 4360, short tail. What a machine. Dennis had it on rail all week, pounding out laps like he was at work. We all know it’s nothing short of totally rad and incredibly difficult and nothing short of truly awesome to field a racer at Reno. He and the entire team deserve every bit of glory. Truly the battleship of Unlimiteds, Dreadnaught!
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Congrats to Dennis and the whole Sanders gang. Great just great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X