• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Reno Pictures

http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/...eno-air-races/
    Random Air Blog

Re: Some Reno Pictures

Nice. I'm surprised we don't have a Reno pic thread already rolling. I've got a bunch of stuff that I can put up.

Will

Comment

Low quality as they were posted to facebook but here are some of mine. (In no real order)

Enjoy,
      Will

Comment

I really like that first shot of the Kate.

Jarrod

Comment

Here are some more pics.

Enjoy,
          Will

Comment

Part 1.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Part 2.....
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Big_Jim; 09-30-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Part 3.....
                Attached Files

Comment

That silhouette shot is awesome Big Jim!

Jarrod

Comment

Awesome photos! Can't wait to see more
                    Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                      Low quality<snip>
                      Not really.. You show a very interesting angle, that which the general visitor sees and you make your photos snap with the excitement of the moment. I've been trying over the past two years to grab that same angle and didn't come near to what you have there. We photographers can be our own worst critics! I photograph does not have to be "front page quality" to be truly a great photo. At a quick glance, (all I can do right now... read my other message about my recent health bout) I think you truly grabbed the RENO experience from the place where most everyone gets to see it..

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        Not really.. You show a very interesting angle, that which the general visitor sees and you make your photos snap with the excitement of the moment. I've been trying over the past two years to grab that same angle and didn't come near to what you have there. We photographers can be our own worst critics! I photograph does not have to be "front page quality" to be truly a great photo. At a quick glance, (all I can do right now... read my other message about my recent health bout) I think you truly grabbed the RENO experience from the place where most everyone gets to see it..

No, what I meant by low quality was the resolution of the pics. FB just kills the quality of the pics, when I get them all done and uploaded to Flickr, I can post a random two side by side and its really easy to see how low quality the FB linked pics are.

Thanks for the complement. Every year my pics get better, sometimes its from better angles/perspective, or better equipment. I rolled the dice on buying a D600 body this year (has the D610 shutter) in hopes of capturing better detail with my shots (I wasn't sure if it was the lens or the camera that was not up to par in the detail area) It was the right buy, now hopefully for next year I'll be able to pick up the new Nikon 200-500 lens so I'm not cropping 60% of the shot down. 300mm isn't enough to shoot from public places. Not many people see the races from where most of the pics I posted were taken. I'm up on the hill between pylons 3 and 4. I hate trying to shoot the actual races from the show, the only good angle seems to be as they come out of pylon 8, or taking off and landing.

I can't wait for next year.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                          No, what I meant by low quality was the resolution of the pics. FB just kills the quality of the pics, when I get them all done and uploaded to Flickr, I can post a random two side by side and its really easy to see how low quality the FB linked pics are.

Thanks for the complement. Every year my pics get better, sometimes its from better angles/perspective, or better equipment. I rolled the dice on buying a D600 body this year (has the D610 shutter) in hopes of capturing better detail with my shots (I wasn't sure if it was the lens or the camera that was not up to par in the detail area) It was the right buy, now hopefully for next year I'll be able to pick up the new Nikon 200-500 lens so I'm not cropping 60% of the shot down. 300mm isn't enough to shoot from public places. Not many people see the races from where most of the pics I posted were taken. I'm up on the hill between pylons 3 and 4. I hate trying to shoot the actual races from the show, the only good angle seems to be as they come out of pylon 8, or taking off and landing.

I can't wait for next year.

Will
                          Awesome shots man. It's great to see a fresh perspective. Really cool. Thanks for posting them!
                          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Cell phone pics from post-race Monday...
                            Attached Files
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Ok two things. . .

I am officially jealous of that ball cap, how much do you want for it?

I would love to have been a fly on the Strega trailer wall during the boys conversation in that picture.

Very cool, another great and memorable year at Reno!

Don
                              Last edited by CRJpilot; 10-05-2015, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X