Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wasabi Video

Hey Guys

We just released this video out our new airplane.

See you soon!
    Elliot

Re: New Wasabi Video

Elliot,

Great video editing, fun to watch, looking forward to seeing Wasabi next month.

Its great to see teams that come here and post/share their progress.

Its a great way to get new fans and create interest.

Keep em coming.

Comment

Awesome and congratulations.

She looks like the little sister of NXT.

Are there any plans for a wing root fairing?

Comment

Cool airplane, cool video, looks like a fun time. It is rare to be able to share all the behind the scenes with those that only see the finished product. Congrats and looking forward to seeing it at Reno.
        Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Excellent! Thank-you!

Air racing is ALIVE!

- Joseph

Comment

Thank you.

We're just some hillbillies in the desert. Hopefully we'll get some wheel pants and a carbon prop in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the support.

-Race 68

Click image for larger version

Name:	WORKING copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	225837
            Last edited by laminar; 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Great looking airplane It really looks like the small sister of NXT.
              How many hours do you have on this airplane? Can you already estimate what speeds you expect on the course?
              With your building skills it shouldnīt be a problem building a pair of wheel Pants within a few days

Anyway, looking forward to see it in Reno in person. (Flights and Hotel booked for my son and me )

Franz

PS: Those kind of videos or information is it what keepīs us race fans alive
              Last edited by glider69; 08-08-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glider69 View Post
                Great looking airplane It really looks like the small sister of NXT.
                How many hours do you have on this airplane? Can you already estimate what speeds you expect on the course?
                With your building skills it shouldnīt be a problem building a pair of wheel Pants within a few days

Anyway, looking forward to see it in Reno in person. (Flights and Hotel booked for my son and me )

Franz

PS: Those kind of videos or information is it what keepīs us race fans alive

Franz,

Thank you for the kind words and enthusiasm, this can be a long road.

You mention the plane looks like an NXT. Jenn and I met crewing for the Sharps on the NXT, we wouldn't have gotten here without them, as a result we can't help but be influenced by all their awesome, luckily their stuff is also pretty quick.

The airplane currently has the FAA mandated (for new aircraft designs) 40 hours on it. We also complied with the new flight test rule that was a response to the NTSB's report on the Ghost crash. This rule requires demonstrating the aircraft in the race environment and writing a report about that test before June 1st of that race year (link). Our definition of the race environment for that test was 285 mph, 8 gs and 4200 rpm simultaneous. We did this with our cruiser motor and prop in a dive (the configuration shown in the video). This was a dynamic test point to hit, but from a safety standpoint made us very confident about Reno. Since that report was filed with the FAA we have been focused on the performance side of things (speed mods).

The airplane is a prototype racer, designed to be kitted, or adopted to other missions or whatever the market can bear. We come from nemesis, so we know what it takes to win at Reno (it takes a lot). We are just a couple builders in the desert figuring this out as we go.

In short we will be excited to have the airplane at reno, but beyond that our expectations are limited.

Thank you for the support!

Elliot and Jenn
                Wasabi Air Racing

Comment

Airpigz.com posted the video!

I hope this inspires interest in the sport!!

-Race 68

Comment

Made the EAA cover page!!

Maybe we can get some last minute EAA attendees at the races!!

-Race 68

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post

-Race 68
                      Awesome! Congratulations.

When do the kits go on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post

-Race 68

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post

We'd start tomorrow if the offer was right!!

Thanks for asking.

-Race 68
                          Wasabi Air Racing

Name:	ARNACII copy.jpg
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	225850

Comment

Congrats for the article, itīs good PR for air racing and especially f1. And the video is even better. Stopped counting how many times I have watch it. Itīs clearly visible that you have a lot of fun at what you are doing.

You have already answered my question about future plans with the design. I can imagine that there are some people out there wanting a small single seater which is affordable to operate just for having a little fun in the air. From my point of view there might not be a huge market for a pure race plane but may be a version with flaps and enough fuel capacity... might attract some attention. But all this is future... For now I want to see the airplane in Reno.

All the best for the whole team

Comment

Originally posted by glider69 View Post
                              Congrats for the article, itīs good PR for air racing and especially f1. And the video is even better. Stopped counting how many times I have watch it. Itīs clearly visible that you have a lot of fun at what you are doing.

You have already answered my question about future plans with the design. I can imagine that there are some people out there wanting a small single seater which is affordable to operate just for having a little fun in the air. From my point of view there might not be a huge market for a pure race plane but may be a version with flaps and enough fuel capacity... might attract some attention. But all this is future... For now I want to see the airplane in Reno.

All the best for the whole team
                              Thank you!

About the market for a single seat, I thought the same thing but I think it's still not completely understood. Take for instance Andy's LT-1. It really is a departure from what is decidedly profitable in this market. Its pretty high performance for the power, single seat, carbon fiber is different. But look at all the enthusiasm over that thing.

Name:	615365_536766979672122_1904761175_o.jpg
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	225851

We just like building airplanes. I figure let the market decide what airplane we build. In the last year we have pitched airplanes to potential customers all over the map in terms of performance and mission. We'll see what happens.

Thank you for the interest.
                              Elliot

Comment

Working...
                              X