F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

I think we were the first to shoot both flying F2Gs today... (I could be wrong, but listening to the logistics today, it seems like it...)

So... Many thanks for Bob Odegaard (Race 74), Larry Perkins (Race 57) and Dale Churchill (T-6 camera plane pilot) for inviting me along and making this happen.

There were some other photogs there, too, so you'll be seeing some more and varied pics from them, too.

Enjoy...
    Attached Files
    Scotty G

Re: F2Gs. Yes. As in "multiple."

Thanks! Love Pic number 3.....

Comment

Crap....I need to get a new towel.

Comment

Race 57 is sweet, but blue is my favorite color! Thanks for the pics.
        Tony

Comment

WOWZERS! Well, we've all been waitin' & hopin' f/this historic Corncob Corsair racer reunion to happen and here 'tis in fine form. Fantastic photos, Scotty, and thanks f/posting them here on this site first. Gotta say- that duo portrait is sweet as it gets (& you can put me down for a big print 4-sure).

BTW- Talking w/Bob Odegaard at Reno '11 this year before the accident, he shared w/us that it was in the works f/#57 & #74 to both come back to race together at Reno in the near future, so hopefully, we can still look forward to that awesome historic race event happening as well (So-'Think positive', everyone!)

DBD

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty G View Post
            I think we were the first to shoot both flying F2Gs today... (I could be wrong, but listening to the logistics today, it seems like it...)

So... Many thanks for Bob Odegaard (Race 74), Larry Perkins (Race 57) and Dale Churchill (T-6 camera plane pilot) for inviting me along and making this happen.

There were some other photogs there, too, so you'll be seeing some more and varied pics from them, too.

Enjoy...
            Scotty,

Stunning shots. The red and blue against the background are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm very glad to see that Race 57 still gets to fly I'd love to see them both turning laps at Reno 2012. We need more corncobs on Sunday... (2) in the Bronze (#57 & #74) plus (2) in the Gold (Furias & Dreadnaught) would be nice.

Comment

WOW WOW AND DOUBLE WOW. Looking forward to more photos in upcoming Warbird Digest. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                  Thanks for sharing.
                  You're very welcome... We all deserve to see these shots of the great racers in their element, which is why I wanted to post them for all to see. It's been a hard year for racing, so a little bright spot certainly is welcome.

Glad you're enjoying the photos!
                  Scotty G

Comment

Nice pics, Scotty. Glad it all worked out, I know you were working for that for a while. They look great together!
                    Chris...

Comment

Great shots. As a teenager I'm glad I got to see both of them race @ the Cleveland Air Races.
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Scotty, all very nice, but love that last one with the two together, nice job.

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous pix !!! We all knew it was gonna happen - so glad you were there to capture it !!!

Thank you !!!

Comment

And a HUGE thank you to the owners.

Thank you, gentlemen, thank you.

Great photos, Scott; well done.

Comment

#3 Stunning! I love the reflection of 57 in 74's right wing.

Comment

Working...
                              X