Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nellis AFB - Las Vegas Air Show Aviation Nation Photos

Finally!

Somehow, the program that will process the .nef (raw image data) files that is the mode I have been shooting in got corrupted and I did not have a replacement. Anyway, long story short, by hook or crook, I manged to get a secondary proggy working that will let me open up a few of them to see what's going on so I could share a few.

For those of who know me, going to the show has been a lot harder on me than I'd expected! I don't have a lot of energy and felt pretty crappy this AM so did not make it out till JUST when the Unlimited division was getting started.

Earlier in the day, the mixed demo was run with Al and Randy Goss flying Warlock, along with a couple of jets and John parker and Scotty Germain in his new racer "Unleashed"

I'm about to fall asleep here and need to get some rest so I can get out early tomorrow and not miss the first demo.

!
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Nellis AFB - Las Vegas Air Show Aviation Nation Photos

Nice pics Wayne. And it looks like the weather turned out to work in everyone’s favor.
    Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Comment

Thanks for some photos i wasnt able to make it this year like i thought
      www.renosection3.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm here but ... sort of not here. I managed to wear myself down so badly dragging through the airport on Thursday, then running about here and there on Friday, my body's almost complete lack of muscle paid me back on Friday evening and Saturday with almost a complete inability to move...

So, no photos from Saturday from me But... I went across the parking lot with the WoW crew earlier this evening for about a half hour and managed to talk with a lot of neat people, the show is a GRAND success from all I'm hearing!

Sort of strange to be here but not be there

Mebie next year, I'll be back up to speed!

Time for me to try to sleep some more, see ya all on the flightline!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Wayne,

Just got back from Nellis. Sorry I missed you on Saturday. Twas a good show, though I missed the WoW HQ. How'd it go, Jeff L?

Glacier Girl was a highlight. Beautiful!

Good crowd, too. They said 400,000 on Saturday.

I just wanted the racers to race! (Don't we all). But it was nice to see everyone relaxed with no midnight engine changes. Even caught sight of some "Bears" on top of the Dago trailer. Hmmmm...

Hope you're feeling better!

Dave

Comment

bears??? come on fill in the guys who chould not go...
            www.renosection3.com

Comment

Time to stir the pot. Notice if you will, in every mutiple plane photo that the Red plane is in front. Could it be that it is the fastest?? Was at Reno. . . . even with the pylon cut Bring on the flame!

Comment

Too bad 'out in front' and 'fastest' don't always equate to 'winner', eh?

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. A win is a win, no matter how you slice it. So is a loss.

Besides, maybe Skip is just getting rusty on his formation flying, and feels more comfortable being lead...not quite up to speed on flying in close to another airplane as wingman. Air Force pilot...don't you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dago Dog
                  Time to stir the pot. Notice if you will, in every mutiple plane photo that the Red plane is in front. Could it be that it is the fastest?? Was at Reno. . . . even with the pylon cut Bring on the flame!
                  Ahh yes but one must never forget, that when comparing the fastest to the lastest, the relationship of the angle of the dangle when squared by the cropizoid times the length and girth of the salami contained within the nomex must always be computed.

And when talking the mythical Italian sandwich delicacy, one must also be wary of conjuring visions of battles yet to be fought.

It is all, after all, the eyes of the fingers which land on the icons of the magical keys.... after all...

Attached Files
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Photographic chicanery at worst, Photoshopped at best. Lets agree that the Italian Stallion was in front, and that even with the cut, the Rare Bare finished behind the Big Red Plane. We were pullin' less than 125 inches and had more power to spare. Winning by fog is a new one Or was it by delaying the race so that the BARE could get go juice. I heard the bottle was empty before the end of the second lap Love this board, ain't it a great place to lurk, but come on. . .deep down inside, you know who the fastest plane is and it doesn't need help to do it

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                      Too bad 'out in front' and 'fastest' don't always equate to 'winner', eh?

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. A win is a win, no matter how you slice it. So is a loss.

Besides, maybe Skip is just getting rusty on his formation flying, and feels more comfortable being lead...not quite up to speed on flying in close to another airplane as wingman. Air Force pilot...don't you know.
                      Winning?? . . . . .who said anything about winning. THAT can be manufactured with the stroke of a pen or race start time. AND, its a judgement call at best. Fastest and best are never a judgment call.

Skip, on the otherhand, flies in his sleep better than most on their best day. Try 460's while your wiping the water off the windscreen sometime in sideways formation flying, 50 feet of the deck, in rain and snow that'll peel your paint. . . . .
                      Last edited by Dago Dog; 11-15-2004, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Here's one from Sunday.

Wayne sorry I missed ya, I was hanging around the Thunder Mustang all weekend. Hope your feeling better.
                        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Dago Dog
                          Fastest and best are never a judgment call.

How true. Maybe that's why the Bear still holds the time to climb record, the 3km speed record (the one that COUNTS), and 14 major race wins (which, by the way, is double the number of the Red plane). But the title "defending champion" sums it up. Sounds like 'fastest' & 'best' to me.

But hey...that's just my .02. And I'm not knockin' Skip, Kerch, Terry, or anyone on the Dago team. I'm just 'stirrin' the pot' a little...since you brought it up.

Comment

OK, let's agree to give the tired old white smoker her due. She was once in the past a fast plane. But, that is now a faded trailer memory. And to keep her feeling good and around for the Sleek Red Beauty to toy with, we let her win once in a while. It's fun watching the bees scramble all over the queen trying to keep her healthy. Picture this:

Bare goes up, tries real hard, qualifies behind Dago . . . .again!
                            Bare races during the week , tries really really hard, finishes behind Dago again!
                            Bear retires to the cave, gets it's annual mystery needum heap big help to go fast dance, races on Sunday and . . .again finishes behind the big red beauty with flames spitting out her stacks. . . . get the picture?

We love the competition for sure, but is it really ??? I think not. and if there was even a hint of a threat, we'd push it a little past stock military power and . . . . .AGAIN finish in front.. (sigh) so enjoy the spoils we gave you this year BARE fans, cause we needed to keep you around for another year of fun. . .DOH!

Comment

I can just see BCIV in the middle of this, going around, getting dizzy....pay the bills....family loyalty....pay the bills....family loyalty.....OH NO, AUNTIE EM, AUNTIE EM, IT'S A TWISTER!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X