No announcement yet.

LAST RENO PYLON RACING SCHOOL 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some fantastic shots here Will, I feel like I'm there! Thank you so much for sharing so many! The pylon shots are as excellent as I've come to expect but the air-to-airs are spectacular and so different!

As amusing as an all-American paint job is on the quintessentially French Magister, it looks very cool!
    Zac in NZ

Comment

Tonights installment. Only two Unlimiteds, bummer. Some good Sport action, and the Fuga flew.

Click image for larger version

Name:	52959528798_e0929207bb_b.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	263076

Will

Comment

Those are some world class photos my friend... you are really pretty damn good at this stuff, ain't ya
        Mark K....

Comment

Confirmed via Warhawk’s Facebook that the P-40 and Boise Bee will both be racing
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Nice to hear that Sneak Attack will be there this year... remember when I first saw her back at Reno '95 - looks pretty much the same (which is awesome, I always liked that livery).
            Mark K....

Comment

Greetings:

OK this stuff is great. I think tomorrow i will crank up my CD "the worlds fastest motorsports" and clean some of the dust off. We are ready for September and for the first time added additional seats in our box. Its really not that far off.
              Cheers,
              From NC

Comment

Can confirm that steven Hinton Jr was doing many laps in wee willy!

Comment

I called RARA again this morning and was told that there would be some flying tomorrow, but not much, as they were just about done. I'm bummed that I couldn't go, but it's preferable to dying by hail.

Comment

I'm home. I didn't stick around for the one Unlimited flight session tomorrow. I was just tired of sleeping on the cot and wanted a real bed. I shot some awesome stuff this afternoon, the clouds were AMAZING. Now to buy another giant hard drive for Lightroom as my 4TB one is full. I cant wait to edit some of this stuff to see what is actually there. Shot T6s from middle 5, and the Unlimiteds from 7.

Will

Comment

With all these 'go-fast' Sports, there will be some serious mechanical carnage! Everyone will burn down the barn for the WIN! Here's to some fast and SAFE racing!
                      Thanks for the coverage and photos, Will!
                      Last edited by SpinB; 06-08-2023, 10:40 PM.
                      Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                        I'm home. I didn't stick around for the one Unlimited flight session tomorrow. I was just tired of sleeping on the cot and wanted a real bed. I shot some awesome stuff this afternoon, the clouds were AMAZING. Now to buy another giant hard drive for Lightroom as my 4TB one is full. I cant wait to edit some of this stuff to see what is actually there. Shot T6s from middle 5, and the Unlimiteds from 7.

Will
                        Camping out every night must have been tuff, seems like the excitement of the moment kept you there AND a lot longer than I could have made it. Way to soldier through! I bet there are some real treasures waiting for you during the edit process - looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Too bad about the unlimiteds... we said earlier that the PRS would be a good indication of who we can (and who we can't or shouldn't) expect in September. At least Steveo was there and with the rumors about the Bardal Special, that'll keep things interesting.
                        Mark K....

Comment

I've never been to PRS, but earlier this year I was thinking about it. At the time, we thought that Miss A would be there, and watching it go around the pylons at race power would have been worth the trip. Alas, I could not make my schedule work, and then Miss A missed it.

I'm writing because I want to thank Will for the photos. That is some exceptional work! I especially like the in-flight images. I had an ear-to-ear grin going through them. I could almost feel like I was up there, with the G's, the sounds, the smells, etc. I can't remember ever appreciating photos in quite that way before.

Comment

The Worlds Best Motorsport Drivers are without a doubt Air Race Pilots! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE GREAT ADVENTURE!!!

Comment

I didn't know where to stick this, so here is as good a place as any.

Someone landed a Tecnam P2006T Twin on its belly today at KAUN, and seeing as I was working nearby it seemed logical to go have a look. Tom Dwelle was walking back from the taxiway and we had a nice 10-minute conversation about the accident, and mostly about racing at Reno. Nice guy, and he told me some nice short little stories about the Days of Yore.
                              He relayed that the accident occurred during a check ride. Talk about a major "oops."

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230609_121448005-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	375.9 KB ID:	263095

Comment

A few more from wednesday.

I'll try and get some from yesterday done in a little bit.

Will

Comment

Working...
                                X