Biplane Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biplane Class

Lawsuit Potentially Upends Biplane Class at 2023 Reno Air Races - FLYING Magazine

Sad
    Mark K....

Comment

I'm going to take my ball home and nobody can play! BRAT! And he will be remembered so!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Rumor is that he is joining the jet class this year....

Comment

Has this lawsuit made the court yet?
          May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Originally posted by kennsmithf2g View Post
            Has this lawsuit made the court yet?
            The lawsuit has been filed, yes. I believe the judge wanted a mediation which was held in June, but without any resolution.

However, in searching for the case just now (2nd Judicial District, Washoe County, Case Number CV23-00370), it appears that the case was dismissed July 13th.

Here's the link I found: https://www.washoecourts.com/Query/C...ion/CV23-00370

Comment

Thanks. Bummer that this didn't happen sooner so they could race in the last year at Reno.

Comment

I don't understand, why wouldn't they be able to race this year? The Judge tossed the D'Alessandrio's lawsuit. I understand they missed PRS so new pilots might not be able to race but everyone who raced last year should be able to, right?

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
                  I don't understand, why wouldn't they be able to race this year? The Judge tossed the D'Alessandrio's lawsuit. I understand they missed PRS so new pilots might not be able to race but everyone who raced last year should be able to, right?
                  This year was supposedly an "accreditation" year. Take that as you will.
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I'm guessing that even though the lawsuit was dismissed, that doesn't solve some of the issues that were brought to light because of the lawsuit. That said, I'm going to continue to hope to see some biplanes in the ski come race time.

Comment

They can't race because the class no longer exists. Once PRPA, who held the accreditation for the class, was dissolved due to the suit, that left no options unless a new class could be formed and accredited in time. A very valiant attempt was made to do just that, but the clock ran out before it could get through all the FAA hurdles etc.

Comment

Disappointing to hear but thanks for dropping some knowledge on us.

Comment

I am hoping that there will be some notable biplane racers invited to be displayed in the Heritage area

Comment

Working...
                          X