Show first unread post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show first unread post?

It's awesome to have this forum back! Thanks very much for all the hard work.

One issue with the new software is that I can't find a way to skip over previously read posts in a topic. I tried using the "Latest Activity" button, but that just appears to change the sort order, so that posts show in reverse time order. It does nothing to take me to the first unread post. Also, to the nearest I can tell, there is no visual cue in the posts themselves to remind me of whether I've read them or not.

This is a big issue on some of the pinned subjects with many pages of posts, especially when they are active and getting lots of posts per day.

This seems to be common with this version of Vbulletin. I just go to the last page. I've been looking for a way to display newest first, but haven't found it yet.

Will

Comment

I am certain I am misunderstanding what you are looking for but is this not the small blue circle icon (with what I think is a small, white down arrow inside of it) to the left of the thread title that when you hover over it has a tool-tip that says "Go to first new post"? When I click that, it brings me straight to the first post I haven't read, regardless of which page it is on.

Again, I am likely missing what you are actually looking for so apologies if this is not relevant.

Comment

i did this setting in the old forum should be in your preferences still going nutz left hand single finger typing working on submitting trouble ticket fo issues w images
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Fawkes View Post
          I am certain I am misunderstanding what you are looking for but is this not the small blue circle icon (with what I think is a small, white down arrow inside of it) to the left of the thread title that when you hover over it has a tool-tip that says "Go to first new post"? When I click that, it brings me straight to the first post I haven't read, regardless of which page it is on.

Again, I am likely missing what you are actually looking for so apologies if this is not relevant.
          You are describing exactly what I am looking for, but I don't see any blue icon that matches your description.

Comment

Hmm…operating on my phone right now so not easiest to screen grab to show but they show up just to the left of the title(s) in the thread list. In fact, I just used to it come to this post directly from that point. Seems weird I would have it and others not (doesn’t seem like a user selectable function) but pretty clearly that is the case. My curiosity is piqued so I’ll dig around when I’m back on my computer to see if there is an explanation from my end.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Fawkes View Post
              ...they show up just to the left of the title(s) in the thread list.
              Thanks!

I was looking to the left of the thread title after opening the thread. I wasn't looking for it to the left of the titles in the topic list.

That answers my question completely.

Comment

Originally posted by wadeh View Post
                Thanks!

I was looking to the left of the thread title after opening the thread. I wasn't looking for it to the left of the titles in the topic list.

That answers my question completely.
                Good deal! Glad I happened to mention which page I was operating from - that wasn't intentional on my part but apparently was the critical information! Sometimes I get lucky and sound like I know something!

James

Comment

I really need to tweek site settings I can't find the todays posts just latest topics.. Still limited typing.. I've been touch typing for over 25 years I can barely spell looking at the keyboard, only my fingers know the keys, guess it crosses over to that part of my brain..

Anyway.. right ring and middle finger (buddy tied.. taped) for support so it is very frustrating trying to make changes I can make it easier to use.. Gimme a bit of time. Doc said after a few days I can take the tape off,,, will try then, and do what I can between

Suggestions welcomed as to what you would like to see!

Well shoot, latest activity link shows latest post
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                  X