May work party at Larry Cruz & Cheri McMichael homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May work party at Larry Cruz & Cheri McMichael homes

Okay air race family, it's time to gear up for another work party in Washington.

The dates are set as May 12-13th, so we're not interfering with Chino. Think Kindness will reimburse everyone for the cost of lodging, so we can make it a full weekend of work for anyone that can be there both days. I believe there is also money to cover gasoline and meals.

We'll be doing wood cutting and clean-up at Larry Cruz's home. The windstorm over the winter took down a lot of trees so there's loads to be cut up and stacked. We also have a barn that needs a new roof put on it, so any roofers in the group will be much appreciated.

Also, at Cheri McMichael's, we're looking at clean-up, and we're putting in waterfall features in her back garden and pond. Her husband, Jim, who was killed at Reno, did the basic design and we've promised her that even though he's gone, we'll complete the work.

We're also going to finish the shower in the master bathroom that Jim McMichael startd.

As you can tell, we've a lot planned for the two days. So, spread the word, and mark it on your calendars. Chain saws, wood splitters and trucks welcome. We could use anyone with roofing and landscaping know how.

As always, thank you for your help!
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Re: May work party at Larry Cruz & Cheri McMichael homes

Because I was asked, I'm the one that chose the work dates, in collaboration with Larry & Tracy Cruz and Cheri McMichael. They didn't want to go as late as June and we wanted to avoid PRS.

Larry & Tracy have events where they will be vendors, so those had to be taken into consideration, as did Memorial Day weekend.

I recognise that there are other events and functions happening during this time period. We just did our best.

Hopefully, some of you will be able to come and help out.

All the best,
    Sandra

Comment

Hi Sandra,
      Sent a donation to help a bit at the Think Kindness Fund.
      Also sent you a PM.

Tim
      Last edited by Tim Jones; 04-20-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Tim.

I still need volunteers for May 12-13. If you can only make it for one day, that would still be great. I think we can get the majority of the work at Larry Cruz's home done in one day. Mostly it's just cutting up fallen trees, splitting the wood and stacking it.

At the moment we're expecting to be able to borrow Cheri McMichael's son to do the roofing on the Cruz barn. It's not a large job. Another person familiar with roofing would be helpful.

My ex-husband and a retired Sea Bee will be doing the majority of the work on Cheri McMichael's pond. Anyone that can help with a bit of landscaping, or running a backhoe would be welcome.

Again, I've got a verbal agreement with Think Kindness to reimburse volunteers for lodging etc.

This is probably the last work party we will need to do, so I'm hoping to make it a success. Please let me know if you can make one or both of the days. If the dates simply don't work for you, please let me know if there is another date that would work better. If enough people can make another date, we'll see if we can either shift dates or arrange two work dates to get the work done.

Thanks so much everyone! I can't tell you how excited Larry and Tracy Cruz and Cheri McMichael are to have us coming back up to help them out.

Comment

Working...
        X