John Parker Blacklisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parker Blacklisted

Not sure if this is old news (Probably is for you guys) and since I don't check the board that often, I am not sure if this is already been discussed...here is what I found...

Aero-News Network your source for daily aviation/aerospace news. aero-news network provides daily, real-time news and information critical to aviation and aerospace personnel the world over. aero-news provides daily newsletter summaries, rss feeds, and numerous personal and professional syndication and news distribution options to insure that aviators, the world over, are kept up to date on information of critical concern.

Edit - Whoops...... just saw another thread dealing with this, I guess you guys already know

John Parker article

That link did not seem to work for me. I hope this one does.

aero-news.net

Bill Pearce
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Ahhhhhh, RARA at it again...... Think we should vote RARA for California Governor race as well? At least a few of the colorful board members? Possibly the director? Thoughts?

Comment

Questionable Technique

Due to my job being involved with legal issues, I'm going to remain anonymous, but I hope that my comments will be taken in the spirit that they are given.

As a fan of the races, and someone who has been involved with mediation and negotiations for most of my professional life. I'd have to take a long look at the actions of RARA here in this issue. At least as I have read them so far.

If their goal was to have Mr. Parker acquiesce to their wishes, they are not going about it in a standard way.

In negotiations, you save your big guns till last, rarely do you open up with everything in round one. Certainly by turning down Mr. Parker's entry, they have expended any chance of upping the ante, all their cards are on the table.

It would appear in reading the various stories circulating about this little tiff, that Mr. Parker is ready to acquiesce to RARA's wishes, or at least he would seem to be in a cooperative mood.

If this were to go to litigation, the fact that RARA at once accepted Mr. Parker's application, cashed his check, thereby prompting him to expend financial debt to achieve his entry, and that of his client who was renting an airplane from him, that RARA has caused Mr. Parker financial damage. If indeed this is an invitational event, Mr. Parker was invited and his check was processed. Subsequent to that, something came up that caused RARA to feel it was in their best interest to take punitive action against Mr. Parker.

Had they have done this prior to cashing his check, prior to inviting him and, in essence, accepting his entry by cashing that check, they would have a much stronger case.

Those taking a look at this case sometime down the road are going to look at all these facts as they would be laid out by attorneys representing Mr. Parker. If RARA were in a position of wanting to solve their issues, they would be negotiating with Mr. Parker, as it would appear, they do not wish to solve their issues, or whatever the problems might be, as we have not really heard their side of the issue, it would appear that they merely wish to punish Mr. Parker and are not concerned with solving anything.

The question might well be asked, what is the purpose of blocking this entry? Is there any thought of solving a problem? If so, how would they think this would solve it?

I would strongly suggest that both sides of this problem seek professional legal counsel at the earliest possible time. RARA should in order to keep their damages to a minimum, Mr. Parker should, in order to make his case ready as soon as possible.

I am not an attorney, this advise is offered as someone who works with clients prior to their issues going to that next very costly legal step. Often times, issues can be worked out much more cheaply and to a satisfactory conclusion for all involved.

thank you for listening

Comment

Mediator,

..........do ya think we (race fans) should form an investment group, and try a hostile take-over of RARA? (once the hammer falls,and the debt balance crushes the usable forces from them)

Mayday51
          ...(only partly tongue in cheek)
          Mayday51
          Jim Gallagher

Comment

Working...
          X