Warbirds over Wanaka 2012 pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbirds over Wanaka 2012 pics

Another Warbirds over Wanaka is in the bag, the main theme was celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Royal New Zealand Airforce.
    This will take a little to load, this is from the first batch of processed images ( i have some 7000 odd pics to sort)

race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Re: Warbirds over Wanaka 2012 pics

a couple more pics...
    Many of the airplanes are flown and displayed by their owners.
    One P-40 is very unique among all warbirds worldwide, this P-40 has 6 fully operational genuine Browning 50 cal machine guns that are fired during the show, the cases are collected and signed by the pilot and sold for charity.
    This P-40 was displayed this year by co-owner Liz Neeham, who is a 22,000hr pilot, she also displayed her T-6 as part of the roaring 40's 5 ship display team.

Owner pilot Graham Bethell flying his P-51D painted as RNZAF airplane NZ2415

a very happy Robert Borrius-Broek taxing his P-51D dove of peace in after a display

Dave Phillips in his stunning Hawker Hunter.

Comment

Thanks for posting. What is that white bird? Some kind of super mega sheep (crop) duster?
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Yeap the white bird with the baby air tractor is the kiwi designed and built PAC Cresco crop duster... PT6 powered carries 2000kg of fert and can also be used for firefighting, a version of the Cresco is being marketed around the world for light cargo, skydiving work is the PAC 750XL, PAC designed the 750XL after seeing many Cresco's get converted for skydiving work.

Comment

I am surprised at how much the hills look like central California... could have fooled me except I have never seen any of those airplanes around here.

nice pics, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            I am surprised at how much the hills look like central California... could have fooled me except I have never seen any of those airplanes around here.

nice pics, thanks.
            Pete, its an amazing landscape, there is a river valley that runs beside an to one end of the runway,that many pilots also use ... vey impressive seeing a c130 pop up at the end of the runway then go for a max performance landing

Comment

Working...
            X