The Sunday without buns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sunday without buns

This maybe a little off topic but, does anyone remember the year the Wonder Bread man failed to deliver buns on Sunday? It was back when the food selection consisted of hamburgers and hotdogs sold by local organizations for fundraising. It was a major hit for their finances. They had a truck load of burgers and dogs but not a bun to be found.

It was such a big deal it made the local news. Mr. Wonder Bread was tracked down the next day. He said that he was not told to deliver buns on Sunday only Saturday. He could not understand why people were so upset. Or, why they wanted to tar and feather him. He did not seem to think it was a big deal. It was for me, I went hungry that day.

Re: The Sunday without buns

Back in the good old days when you could get a minimalist burger or dog for a buck, coffee for .50, and you were helping the locals fundraisers.
    Now it's Latte for 6 bucks and a $10 "gourmet" burger, or a plate of Thai/Indian/Mexican food.
    There are still a couple organizations running booths there and their prices are definately better, I stick to those if the bottle of water and PBJ's I sneak in are not enough!
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
    X