Need moral compass swung again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need moral compass swung again

I need my moral compass swung again....there have been so many folks I have admired but never personally knew (like Mr. Pardue) that I wished I could attend their services to hear their life celebrated. My feeling is that it is a bit tacky to request that the services be video recorded and put on a medium like YOUTUBE. On the other hand, there are times when police officers die in the line of duty and their services are on local TV....of course, the family wishes must be respected. What is your opinion on this way of greiving and celebrating together?

Re: Need moral compass swung again

Ummm. Yeah a bit tacky I think.

Your air race family will be at Stead in September. Grieve as you will for Howard the best you can until you get there, then grieve with us, your family, at Stead. Stories will be swapped and tales told.

R.I.P.
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by planecrazy2 View Post
      Ummm. Yeah a bit tacky I think.
      Huumn... not so fast??

A fellow I know here on the Long Beach Penensula lost his son last month in a fishing boat sinking.. (all lost, probably rouge wave rolled the boat).. Saw him for the first time since the accident the other day and he was extremely proud that his son's friends had put his memorial ceremony on line... and it was still on line. Apparantly, they have tracking and people from all around the world have visited...

Luke Jensen Memorial Ceremony

I never met you Howard, I wish you blue skies sir!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

the caf did a video feed for Gary Austins funeral,and as someone that couldn't be there i must admit it was pretty moving(Nelson Ezells eulogy had me in tears).
        so whilst it can be tacky done properly it can be very moving.
        the biggest thing is the wishes of Mr Pardue's family.
        gone but never forgotten rip Howard Pardue

Comment

Certainly, family wishes come first, but if the technology exists I think it would be a great way to know more about a hero some never got the chance to meet in person.
          From others accounts of the type of man Howard was, we would all be richer for the experience.

Just my opinion.

Todd Boyer

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited Fan View Post
            Certainly, family wishes come first, but if the technology exists I think it would be a great way to know more about a hero some never got the chance to meet in person.
            From others accounts of the type of man Howard was, we would all be richer for the experience.

Just my opinion.

Todd Boyer
            That about sums it up. Family wishes first. But I got to thinking, what if, God forbid, my loving wife were to die...what would I do? She has friends all over the country who do dog agility, the sport she loves, many who could not make the services. I certainly wouldnt be opposed to sending them a DVD of the services or having someone put them on YOUTUBE....maybe I will ask her what her wishes are when she returns from the current dog trial....

Comment

It's becoming more commonplace for a funeral home to offer an online option for attendance. But that's the point - it's an option for the family.

Personally, I think it's great. Unless you had some reason to want privacy at the funeral of a loved one, which is fully your right, then it's a great way for people who wouldn't be able to attend to be able to pay their respects.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X