Spainish Springs (Sky Ranch) map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spainish Springs (Sky Ranch) map?

I live in Spainish Springs. I would love to see where the Sky Ranch airport was. I have tried looking at the background on photos from 64 & 65 but have been unable to pin-point the location. Does anyone have a map of the airport and or the air race course or know where I could find one online?

Thank you.

Re: Spainish Springs (Sky Ranch) map?

...check these older threads...

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

The second link is the one you want to try. We had a big discussion on the topic, and via photos and memories have roughly determined the former location of the '64-'65 race site. As far as original ranch structures and their one-time locations, that's unknown.

Comment

Thanks for the links. This afternoon we drove out to the area mentioned in the links and as was suspected we found no trace. But, we had fun looking around.

When were out there I grabbed these photos. These things have been out there for years and I've always wonder about them. Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks

Comment

The best I could find is a B&W image in a forum of what appears to be a model of an aircraft they labeled an "AFE AVSTAR":

The 3 porthole windows and fuselage shape look similar, but it appears they made the windshield wider for better visibility on the full-size airframe. I couldn't find any info on the aircraft.
          Last edited by AirDOGGe; 04-08-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X