Sully and the DC7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sully and the DC7

Look at the compound turbine flames at 5 min 46 sec.

Re: Sully and the DC7

Nice!

A shame they broke it at Charlotte, I hope they have it back in the air soon.

Comment

GREAT video, thanks for sharing !
      Rampking

Comment

Imagine flying over the wing at night.....I wonder if the Capt had to tell people about the flames?

These two guys are a hoot to listen to live at Oshkosh, by the way....but by his own admission, Sully was effected much more deeply and emotionally by the ditching...they are both fantastic guys....every time they lecture at OSH, they draw a full house.....wish they would have lectures at Reno, too.....lots of folk I would love to listen to.

Comment

Sully's cool. So are DC-7's

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
            Imagine flying over the wing at night.....I wonder if the Capt had to tell people about the flames?

Video of one of the restored Super Connies at night... same engines, lots of good flames!

Awesome Night time clip of a Lockheed Constellation Taking Off With the exhausts flamingCopyright as Stated,

I've known a number of guys old enough to have flown a lot of miles as passengers on piston liners back in the 50s and even 60s. They remembered the flames, and also glowing exhaust plumbing visible through the cowl flaps. Also one of them described the process of shifting supercharger gear ratios during climb out. I don't remember all the details of his description, but he said it was very obvious: Throttle-back and level out a bit, engine power comes back up but at a lower prop RPM, and the glow of the plumbing would intensify and go from reddish to yellowish, then back to dull red during cruise. He said that sometimes pilots would announce what was happening.

Comment

Working...
            X