Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of Air RAcing in a global warming world.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Air RAcing in a global warming world.....

Re: The Future of Air RAcing in a global warming world.....

Story linked is about a fake man with wings video, need correct link please.

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
      Story linked is about a fake man with wings video, need correct link please.
      lol, I think you missed the humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
        lol, I think you missed the humor.

'e flew right over 'is head now, eh gov'ner ? (spoken with a lousy English accent...).

So, I guess it's gonna be a "Flap" class replacing smaller planes on the formula course and a "Jetman" class our substitute for Unlimiteds someday, eh?

What could possibly follow....?

Think I'll stay home and watch TV when that happens.
        Last edited by AirDOGGe; 03-24-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Now if he had eaten a jar of jalapenos,6 pickled eggs & some refried beans that would be a sight to see. I wouldn't want him flying overhead.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Well, Bob, you must admit It might make one heck of a night airshow act if he had a lighter....I really dont know which is funnier, the fake video or those that believed it!
            This is still my most favorite fake aviation vid of all time......
            It's a clear day in L.A.; a jumbo jet needs to make an emergency landing. The radio traffic reporter gets word that the police have cleared a two-mile stretc...

Comment

roflmao, thanks for posting.

Comment

Coyote Chris, You mean that wasn't a real video,I thought I was on the freeway that day & saw the whole thing.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
                  ...This is still my most favorite fake aviation vid of all time.....

Definitely a classic video from years back. Thx for the refresher.

Comment

I think he wanted just this kinda publicity to take place with his actions.

OTOH there would be a change to fly with using both solar power ( like Sun Seeker I+II do ) and human power like the HPA kite do.

I made a quick calculations for a 26 m2 solar power panel plane with 7 seater plane where 6 generates electricity by pedalling.

Guess what it could fly at better power to weight ratio than the Burt Rutan's Voyager did when cruising with rear engine alone ( 110 hp at cruise about 86 hp ).

Power Generated During Exercise And The Possibility Of Human-Powered Flying MachinesOne of the best measures of athletic performance is power output. Measured in watts, it’s exactly equivalent to the power that lights a bulb or moves a car.

Athlete can generate 1 hp..or more.

Altogether around 20-30 hp...for that 7 seater. Power to weight ratio at 0.025-0.036 hp/kg.

For take off it would need precharged batteries. Engines ca. 20-40 kw !
                    Last edited by First time Juke; 03-27-2012, 05:43 AM.
                    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Damn, we're really jumping the gun on April 1.

Comment

So I had a thought for a high performance bird wing racer, kind of an unlimited birdman, lol.

Strap a 5 gal tank of kerosene on the pilots back, replace the electric flapper motors with a single mini turbo prop set up, should more than triple the flaps per minute and if the pilot keeps his head tilted back the added drag will be reduced.

Maybe a viper motor?

Its been raining alot of late....

Comment

Don't forget you can always tell a happy birdman by the bugs on his teeth.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Well, it's official now. The video producer has admitted that he faked it.

Self-Powered Flying Dutchman Is Fake, Right Down to His Name

On a Dutch TV show named, with utter Dutchness, De Wereld Draait Door, the man previously known as Jarno Smeets--of the Human Bird Wing video, in which he flies under mostly his own power--confessed to faking the whole thing.

The dude's name isn't even Jarno Smeets! It's Floris Kaayk, and he's a "CGI artist" with degrees in animation. Apparently the video was part of a documentary, the subject of which is unclear (but could totally be "how to fool the internet with an obviously fake video").

Comment

Dam, sorry guys.
                              I will have to look into this stuff deeper before I post

Comment

Working...
                              X