Races "ON" ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Races "ON" ??

I'm watching the local news on KCRA 3 TV from Sacramento and they just reported that the Reno Air Races will be held this year. They reported, "They're just waiting for a waiver from the FAA". I thought that was a very interesting news report.
    Brian

Re: Races "ON" ??

KRON 4 in San Francisco reported the same thing this morning.

How many times did KCRA show the crash during the story?

KRON showed it twice.

Thanks guys.

Comment

KOLO 8 in Reno only showed it once, the rest was stock footage of races. Mr. Houghton sure sounded positive and determined!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
        KOLO 8 in Reno only showed it once, the rest was stock footage of races. Mr. Houghton sure sounded positive and determined!
        I watched it on KOLO and KTVN.

KOLO did the usual – show the crash and what was so typical of KOLO was the way Pat Hambrit presented the story in a negative anti-air race manner. I've complained about his news style before. I sure miss Tad Dumbar.

Then watching KTVNs report, no video of the crash – they presented the story a positive manner and some mention of the economical impact area the air races bring to Reno.

Comment

And of course, they are saying "including the same box seats that were the site of the crash".
          It happened there so now that specific spot on the ground is less safe than anyplace else?
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Then watching KTVNs report, no video of the crash – they presented the story a positive manner and some mention of the economical impact area the air races bring to Reno.

[/QUOTE]

If the races continue, I am fully prepared inflict my limited economic impact on the area.

The Silver Legacy sends me glossy junk mail once or twice a week, but for me, there's really only one good reason to go to Reno, and it's in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead View Post
              KRON 4 in San Francisco reported the same thing this morning.

How many times did KCRA show the crash during the story?

KRON showed it twice.

Thanks guys.
              Dont you just love "news" shows? Have you noted that they NEVER run stories about how much all this drug advertising on their shows cost each one of us out of our pocket? I wonder why that is?
              The best part of the news are the teasers....."Deadly poison found in local milk products. Watch our our 11pm broadcast for lot numbers"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
                Dont you just love "news" shows? Have you noted that they NEVER run stories about how much all this drug advertising on their shows cost each one of us out of our pocket? I wonder why that is?
                The best part of the news are the teasers....."Deadly poison found in local milk products. Watch our our 11pm broadcast for lot numbers"
                Yeah....I HATE that crud. Sensation sells; news doesn't

None-the-less, I look forward to joining all of you in celebrating the sport we love and rejoicing in the sweet music of Merlins and the roar of radials. Like the song says, "See you in September"

Comment

Working...
                X