Great Northwest Air Race III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Northwest Air Race III

Alright... I do realize this forum does focus primarily on Reno style racing and some of you believe that's the only style of air racing that should be discussed here. However, I've seen some discussions about SARL on here and decided to risk the flames and post about the SARL race I'm hosting in June.

Yes, I do realize that it's the same weekend as PRS and many of you will be heading down there. However, for those Northwesterners that are not going to PRS, you may want to come join us in Ephrata on the 16th.

Pre-registration is open!

Currently there are 3 RV's, a Whitman Tailwind, one Pitts and an Ercoupe registered! That pretty much covers the speed spread from 100 to 200! Come join the fun!

I would like to get some numbers to the sponsors early so they can plan appropriately for t-shirts and food. There is also registration for the volunteers! I want to make sure I get a good count of them as well.

So... If you feel that you may be coming to GNAR III, please pre-register so I have information I need to provide.

Thanks!

John Smutny

Re: Great Northwest Air Race III

Not much of a spectator sport but sounds like a lot of fun to participate in. Kind of like rally driving.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Its racing. Its awesome

'nuff said

Comment

Agreed. And EagleDriver, if I wasn't at PRS I'd be in Ephrata! Have a great time and keep us posted on the event.

Cheers,
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Sorry to miss it, John, but I will be at PRS and then to Lake Havesu to watch the start of the Air Race Classic - the all women's air race.

We need a "de-conflict calendar" for race events like ICAS has for airshows.

See you at AWO in July.
          Betty

Comment

Hey Betty -

I came on board as organizer late in the game and the date was pretty much set. For 2013, I'll be re-evaluating the weekend it's held.
            John Smutny

Comment

That same week-end in 2013 is the start of the Air Race Classic in my town. I'm looking for some IA's to check the racers - the planes, that is. Some of our mutual friends from CWB will be here to help.

Comment

Good to know, Betty. I'll definitely work around that date.

At this point, you can count on me to be there for the start of that race. I was planning on it when I heard it was coming to Washington.
                John Smutny

Comment

Air Race Classic dates are: June 14 through 19, 2013. We anticipate the planes and racers will be arriving a few days early. We have contracted for hotel rooms near the field, but I am planning to house my Seattle friends in my home. I have a 4 bedroom condo, so am able to put up a few. Anyone with a camping rig can also park in our lot. We are looking for able-bodied inspectors to check the planes prior to the race. It is great opportunity to host the event and meet some dynamic women pilots.
                  Contact me if you are interested in volunteering - we'll put you to work, but show you a good time as well.
                  We are on-line and on FaceBook under "2013 Air Race Classic Start".

Comment

Working...
                  X