T-6 owner/s at EAFB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-6 owner/s at EAFB?

Does anyone know what person, group, association, etc. owns or operates a yellow T-6/SNJ out of EAFB. I've seen it fly over the house a few times the last couple of weeks, and I recall seeing it on previous occasions. After hearing F-22's, F-35's, BUFF's, B-1's, 2's, etc. all the time the sound of a recip. always get's my attention!

Kevin

Re: T-6 owner/s at EAFB?

How is it that you know the AT-6 is staging out of Edwards instead of Mojave airport ? Being part of the Groom Lake, Edwards, Nellis trio I wouldn't expect any private aircraft to be allowed permission to fly in there. Perhaps you can stop in at Domingo's and ask one of the many pilots that frequent there.
    Rampking

Comment

I am assuming that it's staging out of Edwards because when it flys over the house it's on final to the base. I've never climbed up on the roof of the house with binoculars and watched it land, sooooo, I could be wrong. If the plane is associated with enough commanding rank at Edwards I don't think landing there would be an issue at all.

Kevin

Comment

Doesn't the USAF test pilot school fly civilian contracted aircraft out of Edwards? I'm pretty sure that the company that rebuilds Albatross's in Carson City sends it's AT-6 (with a yellow tail) down there.
        Tony

Comment

This would be Dennis Buehm race #33 "Midnight Rendezvous".
          Attached Files

Comment

dont know if he still has it but Ron Helve has a T-6 that was yellow and my dad got an article that he was trainer milltary pilots in his T-6. Shawn

Comment

I believe it's not one of mr buhen's. The T-6 seen recently is here for the TPS (test pilot school). I see it every day parked next to the hangar I work out of. The school house trains the TPS students on a variety of different airframes. One of Dennis Buhen's T-6's was here last year.

Comment

Thanks Crewdawg, and everyone else. I wonder what kind of applicable skills the guys are getting from a T-6? I guess every test pilot should have radials and tail draggers on their resume.....

Kevin

Comment

The T-6 that was operating out of Edwards is owned by Gauntlet Wabirds, and flown by Greg Morris. He was out there on a contract to provide training in the T-6 to the test pilots.

See www.gauntletwarbirds.com

Comment

Working...
                  X