70'S PROGRAM & AIR CLASSIC/PROGRESS PHOTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70'S PROGRAM & AIR CLASSIC/PROGRESS PHOTO

My scans are ruff, I was looking for old paper work and came across old Magazines and Programs. Pictures are others and after all these years I hope they don't mind. Thanks, KC
    Last edited by KAHNZILLA; 03-10-2012, 06:21 PM.

Re: 70'S PROGRAM & AIR CLASSIC/PROGRESS PHOTO

Those are really cool. Thanks for posting.

Will

Comment

Here, let me help. I have prints of both of those shots, thought I only scanned these in low resolution, they are a bit better.

The first one was taken at the 1973 Mojave races by the late Buddy Childers--a fantastic race photographer as well as a world-class trumpet player. The guy in the foreground is my friend Bill Johnson, who about a half second after Buddy shapped the shot, started diving out of the way. Back in the mid 1980s, a large print of this shot was in the NASM in the 'racing' section.

The second shot of the Red Baron and Flying Undertaker was shot on the way home from the 1975 Reno races.
      Attached Files

Comment

I recently found Bill Johnson's book AIRSHOW! at a antique shop. I least I think it's the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER View Post
          I recently found Bill Johnson's book AIRSHOW! at a antique shop. I least I think it's the same guy.
          It is.

He was very ill a few years ago, but he's still hanging on.

Comment

Working...
          X