Camera recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera recommendations?

I'd like to get a decent camera with interchangable lenses that has the ability to shoot HD video (1080P). This would be mainly used for family pictures, etc., but I would like to be able to catch some of the action at NCAR from the grandstands. Price point would be about $700 for the base camera and a stock lense.

Would something like the Sony NEX 5K be suitable, or should I go with a larger DSLR? I think for action shots, I'd like to actually be looking through the lense instead of at a screen, esp. in sunlight, but I don't anticipate taking up photography as a hobby, really.

Thoughts?

Re: Camera recommendations?

You might look at either a Nikon D3100 or 5000. The only trouble you might have with those is that they need lenses with the autofocus drive in the lens. This makes lens selection more limited.

If you doubled your price range, you could pick up a D7000 that works with pretty much every lens made for a Nikon since the '80s, even manual focus ones. This is what I shoot.

I'd say the D3100 is the camera you are looking for, but its limiting factor will be a lack of good lenses for it.

Will

Comment

Working...
    X