• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Air Races Article on RGJ Website

Re: Short Air Races Article on RGJ Website

I HAVE MANY COMMENTS AND CHOOSE TO SAY NONE, THANKS FOR POSTING. KC

Comment

If someone wants to hide under their bed all their life, they're welcome to do so - just don't try to force me under there too.

Comment

Depends on who's under there with me...
        All over the TV "news" here also. Mostly the negative comments with the same piece of footage over and over.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Americans have an irrational need to feel safe. Safe when in their homes, safe when at work, safe while traveling and safe while watching an air race. This need to feel safe at all costs comes at the expense of the civil liberties of others and the rights of others to purse their individual form of happiness.
          Anyone who voted in the past to restrict the rights of smokers or supported motorcycle helmets laws or supports forced drug testing in any form and routinely allows the TSA to strip search our fellow citizens is responsible for the nanny state we now have. We've made it so easy to rob our fellow citizens of their individual liberty it should come as no surprise to anyone that the people who don't care about air racing can so easily toss it in the trash. I suspect that general aviation as we enjoyed it now will eventually disappear because it will be so easy for the non-flying public to eliminate it.
          I recall a ballot measure in California many years ago that would tack .75 cents a pack on cigarettes. It was intended as a means to modify behavior by making it too expensive to smoke. It won with overwhelming support. I voted no, I wasn't a smoker. At the time I was an active dirt bike rider, often riding on public lands. I thought, if I voted to make it hard for the smoker to buy his cigarettes why then would he not use his vote to restrict my access to public lands.
          The slope is no longer slippery, its a cliff.

Dennis

Comment

Well said sir.

Does anybody know if there is an avenue for further public input to the airport authority? Many of us who were there have very definite opinions on the whether the races should go on.

Hint: Yes!
            Last edited by ignomini; 02-17-2012, 11:55 AM.
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

The meeting is open for public comment...anyone can speak up. You get three minutes. This meeting went rather well. Glad I took the time off to go.

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by shorebird View Post
                Americans have an irrational need to feel safe. Safe when in their homes, safe when at work, safe while traveling and safe while watching an air race. This need to feel safe at all costs comes at the expense of the civil liberties of others and the rights of others to purse their individual form of happiness.
                Anyone who voted in the past to restrict the rights of smokers or supported motorcycle helmets laws or supports forced drug testing in any form and routinely allows the TSA to strip search our fellow citizens is responsible for the nanny state we now have. We've made it so easy to rob our fellow citizens of their individual liberty it should come as no surprise to anyone that the people who don't care about air racing can so easily toss it in the trash. I suspect that general aviation as we enjoyed it now will eventually disappear because it will be so easy for the non-flying public to eliminate it.
                I recall a ballot measure in California many years ago that would tack .75 cents a pack on cigarettes. It was intended as a means to modify behavior by making it too expensive to smoke. It won with overwhelming support. I voted no, I wasn't a smoker. At the time I was an active dirt bike rider, often riding on public lands. I thought, if I voted to make it hard for the smoker to buy his cigarettes why then would he not use his vote to restrict my access to public lands.
                The slope is no longer slippery, its a cliff.

Dennis
                100% right on.

Comment

Who si this guy Matt Mansur, that is so against the air races?

Comment

Computer security sales according to google.
                    Races bicycles it also says, and pops up on the RGJ "comments" section a bit.

The other person who spoke out against it (in the article) is known by most of us.

I didn't know about it or I would have tried to prepare something and go.
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Slightly OT:

On the Seattle news this evening a report aired stating a family in the Seattle area, as survivors of one of those lost in the Reno accident, are preparing to file a wrongful death lawsuit citing RARA as negligent and targeting Jimmy's estate.

Comment

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
                        I HAVE MANY COMMENTS AND CHOOSE TO SAY NONE, THANKS FOR POSTING. KC
                        You have done an extremely good job of sitting on one's fingers..........
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer View Post
                          Slightly OT:

On the Seattle news this evening a report aired stating a family in the Seattle area, as survivors of one of those lost in the Reno accident, are preparing to file a wrongful death lawsuit citing RARA as negligent and targeting Jimmy's estate.
                          Links to article?

TIA....
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                            Who si this guy Matt Mansur, that is so against the air races?
                            He has been making a lot of negative comments on RARA's Facebook page...he "Liked" it just so he could spread negative press. Apparently the Unlimiteds fly over his home. But his attacks have been very personal, most of them directed at Mike Houghton, saying things along the lines of him "making money off of killing people".

Blah.
                            "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              Links to article?

TIA....

Comment

Working...
                              X