Warbirds Over Wanaka 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbirds Over Wanaka 2012

Hi all, here is a bit of a prequel to Warbirds over Wanaka 2012..
    This year is the 13th edition of the Southern Hemisphere's premier classic airshow, this years theme is 75 years of the Royal New Zealand Airforce.
    So far there has been confirmed 2x spitfires, 2x P-51's, 2x P-40's, 2x Yak-3U's, Grumman Avenger, plus more that havent been announced yet, The RNZAF will take a starring role, with all of the current inventory being displayed. The RAAF will again display, and there will be a presence from the USAF and also another foreign air force that has yet to be revealed.
    I cant wait for it this year myself and preview it with a couple of pics from Taieri Wings and wheels, this little gathering is a biennial event, and this year the Southern DC-3 trust brought their beautiful DC-3 down from Ashburton and spent a busy day flying with full loads of passengers wanting to see Dunedin City from the air, also present for the Day was Wanaka based P-51 Dove of Peace. This marked the return to Taieri of the P-51 with one not seen on the airfield for nearly 30 years.

race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Re: Warbirds Over Wanaka 2012

Looks like a nice event and your still in your summer weather.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

too bad it's so late in the summer. I'm in NZ every March, but by April I've got to be concentrating on business at home.
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

It a nice and relaxed little event, there is also a small car show there as well, this year was pretty cool, there were 2 late model ford mustangs there on show, a Shelby Parnelli Jones edition and a rousch supercharged mustang, me im not a ford fan but they were nice rides....

Warbirds this year is the first weekend of april, its a shame you wont make it this year Ignomini its looking to be a great show
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
        X