Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sport airracing starts soon

sport racin

well its already racing time for the sport airracing legue to start again, the first race is in sherman texas, I am planning on racin knottygirl in bunch of these races this year. you can race anything , I was in one race where there were 30 somethin airplanes racing, the slowest was a 1946 taylorcraft and the fastest was me of corse in my merlin. pretty cool 100-mph and 330 mph and all those in between come on out and race whatever, good food friends and low ego racing sportairrace.org
    Last edited by f1-69; 02-07-2012, 07:36 AM.

Re: sport airracing starts soon

Notice lead picture on home page for Sport Racing is Apartan 7W flown by John Levitz.
    Attached Files

Comment

These folks have such a great time flying these races. If you're a GA pilot and want to get a taste for racing, check them out. There are races around the country at various times. LiveAirShowTV will preview the season as it gets started, updates during the season and wrap things up in November.

Go to: www.sportairrace.org to learn more about "Racing for the Rest of Us!"

Jeff Lee
      LiveAirShowTV

Comment

Years ago in 1983 I raced my F1 in one of the first CAFE 400's in Santa Rosa Ca. I put a fuel tank behind me and a small transfer pump. I think I averaged 203 mph but lost a mag coming around Mt Tamalpais and slowed way down. It was fun.

Comment

Working...
        X