Work party at Cruz and McMichael homes - May 12 & 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work party at Cruz and McMichael homes - May 12 & 13

Just got back from Graham, Washington. We drove up Friday and stayed overnight in Olympia, then drove to Graham in the morning. Went to Larry and Tracy Cruz's first. Lots of work to be done there this spring. The ice storm took down about 30 trees and covered everything with branches. So we'll have clean-up and wood to bring in. Their barn also needs a new roof, so that's on the "to-do" list now.

Larry is doing better. He's scheduled to have surgery to remove all the hardware - rod, pins and etc - from his leg. Then after that they'll probably do surgery on his left hand to see if they can give him more function. But he was up and around without the wheelchair and crutches, so that was great to see.

Next stop, Cheri McMichael's. Gutter cleaning got replaced with doing other things she wanted. My ex showed her how to disassemble and clean the drains and then snaked all the drains in the house for her. Then the boys needed a bit of help with wood cutting and trying to get the broken trees out of the pond. Then we disassembled the wood splitter so the wedge can be repaired. Lots of photos taken of the pond and Mike, Cheri's friend Dindar and Cheri discussed the landscaping project.

For those of you who might not know, Cheri's husband Jim was killed at Reno. This is a landscaping project he planned and was going to do. The idea of it not getting done gets tears from Cheri. So we're going to see that Jim's vision for the yard becomes a reality.

Anyway, back into the house, to help Cheri with the wiring for the television and the same in her bedroom. So, now both rooms are all hooked up and have surround sound. lol Photos and measurements taken of the master bedroom shower, so we can get it finished and working this spring. She has a leak in the roof, which she's going to have patched, with the intention of replacing the roof this spring, so we'll see if we can't help with that as well.

The two of them just kept finding other little projects that needed doing. We finally left her house about 8:30pm and headed back. Overall, a very productive trip and the smile on Cheri's face made it worth the drive.

The next date is tentatively set for May 12-13. We're going to make this next trip a full weekend. If you can't be there for both days, that's cool. If it looks like we have enough people, I'll see if I can't get a group rate at one of the hotels and then see if Think Kindness can cover that bill.

So, here's what I need:
    - Folks with chainsaws and a splitters to bring in the wood at Larry and Tracy's. Ideally, we'd like at least 2 chainsaws and 1-2 splitters.
    - I need someone who can drive a small tractor.
    - Roofers to reroof the barn. They're not pulling the old asphalt, just laying the new over the top. Based on the size of the barn, we'd guessing 2-3 people.

At Cheri's:
    - Someone with experience putting in shower doors. Everything else is done in that shower, except for installing the fixtures and the shower doors.
    - Someone that can handle a backhoe.
    - Need someone with electrical experience to help us sort out out the generator power gets to the house. Cheri couldn't get it running during the last snow/ice storm.
    - We also need to run power in the back yard to power the pump for the landscaping.
    - Anyone with experience with landscaping, especially water features.
    - People to help with laying rock, moving dirt, clean-up. Lots of grunt work.

We took a bunch of pictures, which I'll upload as soon as I have them. Thanks, everyone.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Re: Work party at Cruz and McMichael homes - May 12 & 13

Sad time in Graham. The father of two boys just blew himself and his boys up.

Comment

Re: Work party at Cruz and McMichael homes - May 12 & 13

Sandra,
      Sent You a PM.
      TJ

Comment

Working...
      X