Any Activity??????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Activity??????????????

Everything has seemed pretty quiet on the informational/ update front as of late. Does anyone have ANY info on what different racing teams in the unlimited category are doing to refine their aircraft? Any records being sought after? Attempts being scheduled? Will Czech Mate come back this season? Will Dago Red EVER come back? (same for Voodoo after being put up for sale) Has the Wild"fiyer" team gotten their stuff sorted out to make their big debut? Is any progress being made on Tsunami? Will my favorite Fury, 232, be given a slow-nose case once again? And will Rod Lewis consider bringing Here Kitty Kitty back to play with La Patrona? OK sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by Tigercat24; 01-31-2012, 03:28 PM.
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Any Activity??????????????

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    Everything has seemed pretty quiet on the informational/ update front as of late. Does anyone have ANY info on what different racing teams in the unlimited category are doing to refine their aircraft? Any records being sought after? Attempts being scheduled? Will Czech Mate come back this season? Will Dago Red EVER come back? (same for Voodoo after being put up for sale) Has the Wild"fiyer" team gotten their stuff sorted out to make their big debut? Is any progress being made on Tsunami? Will my favorite Fury, 232, be given a slow-nose case once again? And will Rod Lewis consider bringing Here Kitty Kitty back to play with La Patrona? OK sorry for the rant.
    With the uncertainty of the event's future, and the pending litigation, I don't think any team wants to publicly discuss anything to do with a racing aircraft right now. I know I wouldn't.

Comment

Tigercat,

Based on what happened last year, I suspect most teams are standing down and idle right now.

Because they didn't run a Gold race over the last two years...there wasn't much attrition due to failure, so not much to be repaired before this September.

Put yourself in a team/plane owners position. Reno is the "only game in town" and while my personal hopes are high that we see more racing at Stead, frankly nobody really knows what form those future races may take. As an owner, especially in these economic times, it would be...dare I say....irresponsible, to sink more cash into a race team at this point. Not that it was EVER really economically responsible to build any race plane…

Sure, I hope 232 is all tricked-out, and Furius has a nice paint job. I want the Bear to get an overthruster, the Mach Buster, Tsunami II and Shockwave to be finished……but all this remains to be seen.

For now sit on yer hemorrhoid pillow, grab a cool frosty one, and wait with the rest of us to see what shakes out onto Stead field in September.

Cheers,
      '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by planecrazy2 View Post
        Sure, I hope 232 is all tricked-out, and Furius has a nice paint job. I want the Bear to get an overthruster, the Mach Buster, Tsunami II and Shockwave to be finished……but all this remains to be seen.
        I, for one, don't ever want to see the Machbuster finished. The last time it saw daylight at Reno in 1997 when Rose brought it there for fundraising was enough for me. If you saw it in person and looked at it, you'd know why.

Comment

I really hope something works out to give Will a real attempt in voodoo.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
            I really hope something works out to give Will a real attempt in voodoo.
            I hope Will gets one more chance in Voodoo also. He is a great stick and seems to fit the plane. Go Will!

Frank C.

Comment

Originally posted by planecrazy2 View Post
              Tigercat,

Based on what happened last year, I suspect most teams are standing down and idle right now.

Because they didn't run a Gold race over the last two years...there wasn't much attrition due to failure, so not much to be repaired before this September.
              There is always a list of things to improve. It's very nice to have the time for that rather than fixing broke things from the last year.

As it will be that way in the Cave this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X