Thought it was my phone, but I get the same message on computer:

"Sorry, this article is no longer available."

New link please.

Comment

Re: RGJ updates 9/16 lawsuits info

Try this one

Comment

It was a horrible accident and very sad day for those injured and killed.
        Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 01-27-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I want to ask a pretty simple thing, please, please.... when reading anything about any suits regarding the tragedy last year, take a deep breath, don't be judgmental, think about what you'd be doing if you were in the "victim's" pants...

Then, and only then, post regarding anything within this area of discussion...

Folks got hurt, hurt bad.. those who are seeking recourse are only involved with the need to keep their lives straight and continue on.. what they seek does not make them bad, it only makes them people who are not whole, who seek to be whole.. If they have legal representation who seek to go outside those goals.. i.e. end the races.. we can only shake our heads in dismay...

I think I've "made my case"... keep it civil, keep it in perspective.. know that you might feel differently if the shoe were on the other foot..

On further reflection.. media, those of us lucky enough to have done enough in our lives to be able to continue to be allowed enhanced access to the race course... sign off within a specifically worded release, that we are there to do a job, we recognize we might be harmed and agree to "hold harmless" anyone and everyone who might be "held at fault" for said damages..

A pretty good mentality for everyone who goes to a modern motorsport event to adopt.. but don't be angry at those who don't, completely, understand this trade-off..

I can only hope that we get to do this over again... as much as I want it.... I have a hard time visualizing that it will happen..

**sniff**

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Spot on Wayne!

Comment

Major ditto's Wayne. Our system of justice is what it is for a reason...as much as at times we may wish it was different. Remains the greatest form of justice man has devised.

One thing though and perhaps I misunderstood your final comment. I am very optimistic we'll be rounding the pylons again in September. While there are many hurdles to clear, there seems to be a lot of momentum on the postive side of the ledger.

Here's to the next 28 weeks passing safely and swiftly and we all gather again for the 49th!

Cheers,
              Owen Ashurst
              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                One thing though and perhaps I misunderstood your final comment. I am very optimistic we'll be rounding the pylons again in September. While there are many hurdles to clear, there seems to be a lot of momentum on the postive side of the ledger.
                For almost 30 years, I made my living (in part) by learning about and preparing for worst case scenario situations.... I guess it's in my gene structure now...
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Believe me...I've had those same thoughts my friend. They've passed now, for the most part. Still have pangs once in a while however, but all in all I've moved into the "business as (somewhat) ususal" heading toward September.

Each day gets just a skosh better and I get more and more convinced "We'll Be Back!" I'm now in the cautious optimism stage. Next up...R/T tickets for PRS!

Sincerley appreciate all you efforts to let us vent here, Wayne. Can't imagine not having this forum to exchange ideas and just commiserate.

Be well...

Owen
                  Owen Ashurst
                  Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                  http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X