L39 Hard Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L39 Hard Landing

Not sure if this has been posted already?

Hard landing to say the least.

Re: L39 Hard Landing

Posted back in Sept at youtube.

I haven't seen it here before. Any other info on the incident?

The comments at YT are all praising the pilot. Was it an unplanned dead-stick landing? If it wasn't then it looks like poor piloting to me. The person who uploaded it doesn't say much in it's description.

If it WAS done with a dead engine, then many kudos to that same pilot, and to a very sturdy aircraft!
    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 01-24-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

The landing reminds me of carrier type landings. Just get the plane on the deck and grab a cable.

Looks like he couldn't get around the slower plane in front and he went off the runway? Probably thankful he's alive.

He's an interesting video of an L39 owner describing the L39, 3 p[arts.

Experience the thrill of a Czech-built Jet Fighter/Trainer with Bill Jansen as he takes you for a ride in his Aero Vodochody L-39.

Experience the thrill of a Czech-built Jet Fighter/Trainer with Bill Jansen as he takes you for a ride in his Aero Vodochody L-39.

Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 01-25-2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting that video. Very interesting and some great footage.

Comment

That looks like the last three seconds of about half the flight sim video games, I've ever flown...the main difference being on the video screen it was the flaming screen of a burning crash.... and explosion....

And this pilot somehow lands it.....I wonder what kind of damage he caused the landing gear and airframe????

Or is the L39 such a robust airplane it could absorb something like that.......well we saw it didn't we?

Comment

Working...
          X