Bad luck just wont leave us alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad luck just wont leave us alone

Another big fire burning south of town in the Washoe Valley area heading towards Galena. Reports of at least 10 homes destroyed and evacuations are expanding. Winds in the fire area gusting up to 80 mph!
    3000 acres so far.
    When will it end

Re: Bad luck just wont leave us alone

Just went outside at work near the Grand Sierra. Can see flames coming over the hill south of town. Around 4000 homes evacuated so far.

Comment

We're just starting to see rain here on the west coast near San Francisco, and I believe it's headed your way. I hope it gets there soon.

Comment

While we're dealing with some record snowfall and ice storms here in Seattle, I wish we could send some of that your way. Hopefully the front continues to move east and you get some relief.

Best wishes to all in Reno area. It's been a bad few months and Lord knows you could use some good news for a change.

Be safe,
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Not to worry. I am off to Figure Skating Nationals for 9 days of partying so I promise you San Jose and likely anyplace close will get gobs of rain.
          Chris the storm crow
          (Its gonna be 7,000 women and just me so I may have to call for backup!)

Comment

One nice thing about 'Vegas is we don't get many, if any, wild fires, tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, mud slides, or anything here. With the exceptions of June, July & August, when it's 110 in the shade, we have fairly nice weather all the time. --- Coyote Chris, I like your new Avatar. 7,000 women? I'm sure that your list for "back-up" is growing fast. Put me on it !
            Last edited by mcavanaugh55; 01-20-2012, 12:14 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
              (Its gonna be 7,000 women and just me so I may have to call for backup!)
              I'm older and have experience in this sort of matter.. Please, don't hesitate to call me if you should need help or....
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I went out and toured the area this afternoon. I was struck by how random the damage is. Homes close to each other, one standing the other burnt to the ground. Heartbreaking.

Comment

Working...
                X