Breckenridge TX Air Museum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breckenridge TX Air Museum?

I have the opportunity to stop at the Breckenridge Air Museum in TX on Monday, but I can't find a good contact for them. Does anyone have any insider info? Anyone know whats in there? I'll stop to see any airplane, but I've got buddies with me and I already drug them through the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola last week...so I might have to do some convincing. Thanks!

Re: Breckenridge TX Air Museum?

there is something interesting going on all the time in nelson's hangar. they are busy people but they will take the time to show you around if they can spare a few minutes. the actual museum is in howard's hangar, you never know if he is around or away on business though. the convincing will be that the guy's at nelson's will tell you where to get the best bbq in west texas.
    Last edited by tow-3; 01-13-2012, 07:37 PM.
    bob burns
    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
    "dont mess with texas"

Comment

I'll echo what tow-3 said, stop by Ezell Aviation and they will let you have a look in the shop.
      I work @ the airport conducting fuel sales(jet A mostly since we have a self-serve 100L tank) and have access to the museum hanger.
      Currently the Wildcat and L-4 are residing inside with the others located in his other hangers. The Bearcat is receiving some maintenance in Nelsons hanger at the moment so you will see it there.
      There's an A-26 sitting on the ramp also waiting to fly out to Meacham airport.

Comment

Which 26 is that?

T J

Comment

Originally posted by T J Johansen View Post
          Which 26 is that?

T J

CAF bird. It's the former "Spirit of Waco"

Comment

Working...