Air Race fans are nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Race fans are nuts?

Comments Come After Some Of Those Affected By Leeward Accident Say Races Should Continue Despite having been seriously injured, or losing a family me| Published: Tue, Jan 10, 2012 | Aero-News Network

Re: Air Race fans are nuts?

I've been called worse.....

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
      I've been called worse.....
      Me too, and by better people.

Comment

I don't care if I am considered "Nuts"..

Hell I think I have a certificate around here that says that in writing!!
        10-32 - John
        Reno, NV Fan since 1978
        Long Live the Reno Championship Air Races!

Comment

Nuts. And Proud of it.

Comment

Pre Sept 2011.....Crazy......Post Sept 2011....Crazy, with an extra large helping of Nutty topping, and couldn't be prouder of it
            Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Well, to me, it's pretty obivious. That attorney is just like a little kid in school, because he can't join in and play, he reverts to name calling, in this case "nuts". I'm a proud, card carrying member of the "nuts" that love air racing.
              Brian

Comment

Going to an air race is nuts, but riding a street bike isn't? The medical profession refers to motorcyclists as "organ donors." I'd feel much safer in a Reno box seat, thank you very much.
                No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I wear that name like a badge of honor!

Comment

I'm certifiable since 1990 . . . nothin' wrong with me . . . nothin' wrong with me . . . nothin' wrong with me . . . nothin' wrong with me . . . nothin' wrong with me . . . nothin' wrong with me . . . nothin' wrong withme . . .

Comment

NUTS is riding a 20 foot wave on a boogie board.

DEICATION is going to or following Reno every year!!
                      John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
                        Going to an air race is nuts, but riding a street bike isn't? The medical profession refers to motorcyclists as "organ donors." I'd feel much safer in a Reno box seat, thank you very much.
                        Now wait. You can't classify motorcyclist into one group.

Theres the Harley riders that enjoy a nice ride and then theres the crotch rocket crowd that is living on borrowed time.

Comment

If that lawyer was hired by the other side, he would have used the term
                          fan. Lawyers have no interest in the truth or justice. They are mearly mercinaries. They are money nuts.

Chris the gun nut, plane nut, motorcycle nut.

Comment

Truly, nuts could be described as driving a vehicle at speeds in excess of 60 MPH while other drivers operate vehicles going the opposite direction at equal or greater speed, all the while less than 10 feet away from each other, (in many cases, far less) on the same roadway.

Need I mention, there is nothing between you and the other vehicle than a stripe on the road and a little bit of air. There is nothing keeping you apart, beyond the mechanical reliability of the vehicle and the talent of the person operating it.

1000's of people die each year doing this very thing....

Would we ever consider outlawing undivided, bi directional highways?

The NTSB has, probably, in excess of a million miles of said, proven very dangerous roadways within the domain of its "advisory capacity".... Yet, I've never once heard anyone, inside or outside of the NTSB speak of closing these extremely dangerous roadways. They are what they are, we recognize them as what they are and continue to use them with little thought of what *could* hapen....

If this society would ever truly grasp the concept of cause and effect and along with it, the reality of the risks inherent to our day to day existence.. I don't think we'd even be having this discussion.

My God.. we're living on a rock, in the middle of nowhere, hurtling through space at a an average speed of 67,108 MPH, with nothing but danger surrounding us...

Peeling off my aluminum hat....
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

"Theres the Harley riders that enjoy a nice ride and then theres the crotch rocket crowd that is living on borrowed time."

A man's got to know his limitations.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X