P-40 down in Ohio...no injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-40 down in Ohio...no injuries

P-40M ran off the end of a runway and ended up on a roadway!

Detailed here: http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?d...3-f9758210ddc9

Re: P-40 down in Ohio...no injuries

Not much info but found this photo...
    Last edited by johnnyrace; 02-08-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

This is the bird recently completed by Tri-State Aviation. Reportedly an overshot dead stick landing.

PS - Despite the information in the report linked to above this was not the aircraft's first post-restoration flight.
      Last edited by Chad Veich; 12-11-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Bummer thats the Ex RNZAF machine that was at Reno in the RR Heritage park
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
          I don't think it could have been kiwi as this one did not fly until early November of this year. Maybe you are thinking of the P-40C belonging to Rod Lewis? I know that one was at Reno.
          Last edited by Chad Veich; 12-11-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
            I was thinking that same thing. I guess if that isn't te one from Reno, then there is one quite similar.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              I was thinking that same thing. I guess if that isn't te one from Reno, then there is one quite similar.
              I could be mistaken gents. I had concluded from posts I read on the WIX forum that the Tri-State P-40M had not flown until November but I have found some video of it flying on You Tube which was uploaded on October 25th so it obviously was flying prior to November.

Comment

It's not Lewis' plane his is an early long nose. This one is later, looks like an E model.
                No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
                  It's not Lewis' plane his is an early long nose. This one is later, looks like an E model.
                  This one is an M model actually. We were not discussing whether this was Lewis' airplane but rather if this P-40M had attended the Reno RR Heritage event. I know for sure that the Lewis P-40C was at Reno but not sure about the P-40M involved in this incident.

Comment

What happens when something like this happens regarding the costs of repairs? Does the insurance company or owner pick up the bill for repairs? Anyone want to give an estimate or a range on how much they think that accident cost to repair?

Comment

Working...
                    X