Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know the F-22 is amazing but this thing is pretty cool too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the F-22 is amazing but this thing is pretty cool too.

Cool vid, check it out- quality could be better

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

another cool one for this plane

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: I know the F-22 is amazing but this thing is pretty cool too.

But this fighter was never was put into production.
    Hopefully the Russians won't give the technology away like they did with the earlier SU-27. The Chinese now have more SU-27 (clones) than the Russian themselves.
    Rampking

Comment

I do find it interesting that the older Indian Air Force Sukhoi-30s did well at the Mountain home Red Flag in 2004.....

From Wiki....

India sent Su-30MKs, an earlier variant of the Su-30MKI, to take part in war games with the United States Air Force (USAF) during Cope-India 04 in 2004. The results have been widely publicized, with the Indians winning "90% of the mock combat missions" against the USAF's F-15C.[57][58]

In July 2008, the IAF sent 6 Su-30MKIs and 2 Il-78MKI aerial-refueling tankers, to participate in the Red Flag exercise.[59] The IAF again did not allow their pilots to use the radar of the MKIs during the exercise so as to protect the highly classified N011M Bars. In October 2008, a video surfaced on the internet which featured a USAF colonel, Corkey Fornoff, criticizing Su-30MKI's high friendly kill rate, serviceability issues, and relatively poor performance against the F-15C during the Red Flag exercise.[60][61] Several of his claims were later rebutted by the Indian side and the USAF also distanced itself from his remarks.[62]

The USAF pilot says that the much touted thrust vectoring system of the Su 30 MKI’s, which gives the fighter a high degree of agility in close aerial combat was also beaten by F 15 pilots who used their combat experience with the F 22 Raptors to find a flaw in the Indian fighter. Explaining the manoeuver in detail, the pilot says that the USAF tapped a vulnerability in the thrust vectoring system but the Indian pilots would soon find a way of rectifying the flaw.

Senior IAF officers however say that SU 30 MKI pilots were more than a match for their US counterparts and were fighting against all odds even when the French team was grounded for most of the time during the exercise.

“The US pilots at Red Flag were the best of their lot. From out side, a regular squadron with a mix of experienced and new pilots had gone. Above that, the US forces were part of a network and were even getting feedback from space assets,” a senior officer said. He added that the Sukhoi’s had the best serviceability record at the exercise and spent more time in the air than their French and South Korean counterparts. “We had a serviceability rate of above 90 percent. There is no question of foreign object damage to the engines. We had a tyre burst on the runway but it was changed within minutes by our ground crew,” the officer said.

India marked it first-ever presence in the prestigious Red Flag exercise and crossed swords with the the French Air Force (with Rafale fighters), South Korean Air Force (with F-15s) and the US Air Force with their F-15s and F-16s. IAF, which participating with eight Su-30s, two IL-78 tankers an IL-76 aircraft, spent close to Rs 100 crore on the exercise, termed as the world’s toughest aerial combat exercise.

Wonder what they would charge us Section 3ers to sit in the grandstands for Red Flag 2012?

Comment

It was a great thing that the IAF sent their best to Red Flag.
        They came here with the SU-30 with the full package, not the usual "export model" 2nd rate aircraft from the Russians that other countries receive.
        Better yet, from everything I read...they fully participated in the exercise, unlike the French with their Rafales.
        However, the IAF came here to kick our butts and it just didn't happen.
        They have to realize they are not the first group of hot pilots that got humbled at Red Flag.
        Sure the USAF distanced itself from the Colonel statements, I am pretty confident that the USAF's Red Flag wants the Indian Air Force to come back very soon with their SU-30's. Great training for the IAF and the USAF.
        [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-2-KZyRhlk[/YT]
        Rampking

Comment

Thanks! Since the Air Force doesnt want to field single ship demo teams, perhaps we could convince these guys to come to our air shows.
          Tell me again why we give more foreign aid to Pakistan than India...I forget.

Comment

Working...
          X